Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I WHAHAHA's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Need help now

so my computer so fuck up... I don't now what to do...This thing just pop up out of now where and now I cant do anything on it... Its called Windows AntiBreach Patrol ... I have windows 8 ..and will Norton security help to take this out ... I will try to get a picture up but it doesn't want to upload.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Windows Anti-Breach is the virus. More to come.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Some steps to try, Use Norton. If you can access the Internet you may be able to get Norton or Windows Defender to remove it. If it won't let you do that, attempt to stop it via Task Manager and try to use Norton or Windows Defender again, also attempt to use the control panel to remove it normally. If it restarts and shuts down your real anti-virus again you may need to restart in safe mode. Once started in safe, try to remove it again. If it starts in safe mode and blocks your attempts you may need to use a bootable USB drive with some special software to kill it before it can start. If it doesn't allow windows to start, you'll need a system restore.
    Last edited by Maggoty; 03-26-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

google came up with this. i glanced through it and it sounds promising: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/windows...-tool-removal/

Keep honking. I'm reloading Damnation's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Maggoty's steps are the same for any virus, you can copy them to a text file in case this happens again. VanDS page is basically the same thing so go ahead and follow along, Norton should have you covered though, you shouldn't need MalwareBytes specifically.

In safe mode norton will likely explain what to do to remove a virus, since that's the only reason you would be there.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Tpotts's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You can also try Windows Security Essentials if Norton can not get rid of it. It's free and really good! Also as stated above you should run whatever anti-maleware in safe mode. IF you need to reformat i can point you to a copy of windows 7.