Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Default Vent doesn't registure my push to talk when inside certain games

Vent does not registure my push to talk when I play ARMA 2 or Warthunder.

BF4, SC2, Rust, Civ 5, ect I can talk in vent in game no issue. but whenever I am in full screen ARMA 2 or WT, vent never registers I'm hitting my push to talk key.

When I am in windowed mode, vent will usually pick me up in ARMA 2. Usually but not always.

War thunder it doesn't matter windowed\fullscreen Vent just wont pick me up,.

So this forces me to alt-tab to talk to people. which best case is annoying, worst case out right lethal to me.

I have tried with and without PTT Mode on, I have tried with and without Direct Input, I have tried various different buttons for what the push to talk is.

But I know that the command is being sent, because if I open a chat window in either game and try to talk I will see this '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''

where it is spamming the ' key which is my push to talk key.

Any ideas?

Win 7 64 Bit ultimate, using logitech g600 mouse (doesn't matter if I use on board or pc stored profiles.)

mouse drivers , firmware, and software are up to date.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Oh and I didn't have this vent issue with warthunder until patch 1.37 and I have tried a completely uninstall\re install of both games.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Noob question but are you running vent in administrator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I'll double check when i get home, but yes I believe so.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Run as admin wasn't enabled. that did not solve the issue in ARMA2 though, I haven't tried WT yet. And have a big patch to download for WT anyway.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

still haven't gotten around to trying wt, but aram2 miraculous started working last night.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Foxcloud's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Vent is a tricky program. At times it does random things for absolutely no reason. It's made mine stop playing and recording sound and I just switched a setting and switched it back and it started working. My friend couldn't get push to talk to work but it would work without it. He did the same thing... change a setting and switched it back. I'd fiddle with settings, even if they seem to be unrelated to the problem. Also make sure that specific PTT key you're using isn't conflicting with the game. Especially after a patch when something may have changed.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! paxmiles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Had my PTT key as num-enter. PS2 defaults that one mute in-game player. So, took about a month before I figured out the the reason "the game" keeps muting random in-game people was my own error.

So, sound advice above regarding ensuring your PTT button doesn't conflict.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_paxmiles View Post
    Had my PTT key as num-enter. PS2 defaults that one mute in-game player. So, took about a month before I figured out the the reason "the game" keeps muting random in-game people was my own error.

So, sound advice above regarding ensuring your PTT button doesn't conflict.
    yeah wasn't a key conflict. first thing i checked.

for some reason one day it stopped working, and another it finally started again.

Fucking Gremlins.