If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AbsoluteBeast01's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon14 =Help=Graphic Cards [AMD or Nvidia]

Hi.I think i will buy new graphic card of AMD but i really dont know amd or nvidia has a better GPU for gaming so can you guys help me about this ?.

The GPU i m thinking to buy is : R9 290X PCS+ GDDR5 4GB 512Bit AMD Radeon DX11.2,Powercolor made it so if you want to check more details about it,just open this link : http://www.powercolor.com/Global/pro...res.asp?id=522

I guess its the best GPU that i found (which one that AMD created).So I will wait for your suggestions and advices :).

my current pc build is : 16 GB ram of XMS3 by corsair-INTEL I5 4670K processor - Asus sabertooth z-87 A main board - nvidia gtx 770 - 120 GB SSD - 1 TB 72000 rpm HDD.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Honestly, my local group has had nothing but problems with AMD cards. We have actually almost all switched over to 780 TIs because they are pretty awesome cards, and when you ROM them, they become even more awesome. So, I can't really talk about the good stuff about AMD cards because I don't have much to say. :P

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Never heard of powercolor so that kind of throws a red flag in my eyes. I've ran an xfx 6870hd for over 2 years now without any issues. I've also heard good things about the sapphire versions, that being said I would prolly steer clear of the generic no name versions. Buying the cheaper models tends to amount to asking for it and I think spending the extra $$ saves headaches down the line.

sent from my ip to the nsa

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Upgrading from a 770 now will not be a good use of the money I would say wait until the desktop GTX 800 series where they expand the new core design to the high end market.

The current fastest single gaming CPU on the market is currently the GTX 780ti, but you can overcloock the GTX 770 to match or beat the performance of a reference GTX 780.

I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you are going for a high-end card, go with a 780. I like the 270x fromAMD, and that is it. The 770/780 take the high-end part of the GPU market for gaming. However, If I had your build, I would wait. I would not buy another GPU until the new Nvidia cards come out, and even then I would be hesitant. If you do want a new card, and want to see major improvement, I don't think you will get that. The 770 is already a great GPU, the 780 will get you 10-20 more fps (I think), but I imagine you are already getting some beastly FPS, and depending on what refresh rate your screen is (60hz vs 120-140hz) you may or may not notice the difference.
    Bottom Line - my suggestion is to wait for new cards, or really wait for another year, and then go from there. I am a frugal spender, so if you do just want the best of the best then go for the 780ti.

I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Forget my above post, do more research into this.
    http://wccftech.com/amd-pirate-islan...#ixzz2yQfq89LC
    not sure when this will happen, but you might want to look into it.

Can I have your Tots Miliroxx28's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Your 770 should be more than enough for almost any game. I use a PowerColor card and the quality is great. Personally I recommend nVidia but AMD is cheaper. Wait for the 880 or 870 by nVidia. Worth the wait.