Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue B1gD4ddy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mouse & mouse pads

Anyone have a preference on this? I am currently using a crappy mouse pad and a $10 mouse from walmart and think something needs to change at times I can't get my aiming reticle where I want it (world of tanks) and this is pissing me off now also is there a preference between ball and led mouse?

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Pretty much any mouse pad that has texture and is not glossy will work well. (avoid super reflective mouse pads or ones that seem to have a plastic top, they tend to make things more difficult for the mouse to track.

For me personally, I use the wood desk surface instead of a mouse pad, because I like having a lot of space to move the mouse around. Also, no one seems to make a simple roll of mouse pad material that I can just cut to shape to put on the top of my desk.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Aye same as what mokona said, i find that mouse pads are generally more trouble then their worth. I had some semi pro gamers i used to be friends with and they would buy these huge mouse pads. They stood by them but i never could see why, maybe a slight advantage over someone who uses there desk. As long as your desk isn't shiney and reflective you should be able to get good tracking from your mouse. I recomend useing a IR laser mouse not a red laser, just so you don't blind someone with it. I personally use a Razor Naga but thats a bit over kill for most people. Logitec makes some good ones with weight balance, just look around try them out, you want something that feeels good in your hand and wont die out on you in a year :D.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Atra's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had previously been using some logitech mouse from walmart as well as a random mouse pad that I had picked up from a relatives workplace. I spent $80 on a new mouse and mousepad. WELL WORTH IT. I bought the corsair m65, and their cloth stanard size mouse mat.

M65 pros: tank, I could throw this thing against a brick wall for hours on end, and then game 10 hours straight with it, not a problem. DPI switching - comes with 4 DPI settings that you can switch using buttons on the mouse - these come in handy when I switch from infantry to a sluggish aircraft (planetside 2), as it allows me to make my vehicle uber responsive instead of uber slow. As far as the buttons go - scroll wheel, extremely nice clicks, not a zoom wheel. The software is easy to use. Adjustable weight

Cons: one complaint - you can't program the adjustable DPI buttons on your mouse. This is a shame because you only have two other buttons (aside from the scroll wheel) that you can program.

Other thoughts: when I was looking for a new mouse, I noticed in the reviews for the m65, a lot of people said that they preferred the m65 over their previous logitech. I looked on the logitech reviews (all of this is from newegg) and I didn't see a thing about the logitech being better than any corsair.
    Just personal opinion - I don't like Razer too much, their products are overpriced, and are not the sturdiest. My friend has a deathadder, which I was originally going to get, but then I played with it for a couple of hours... I did not like the feel of it, I felt like I could squish it if I squeezed my hand (I have large hands).

I do recommend investing in at least a mouse, it is worth the money.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue B1gD4ddy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks everyone very helpful!!

Can I have your Tots CreaminFreeman's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I second Atra on his XTRAC pad. They are fantastic. With regards to the mouse you want to think very carefully about how you use a mouse. Do you palm, fingertip (a.k.a. monkey-grip), or somewhere in between?
    I use a Razer Lachesis (I'm on my second one) and I love it. I'm a monkey-gripper and it works well for me. My friend is a palmer and it hates it. Logitech makes some excellent mice for palmers, the Deathadder from Razer is a legendary palmer mouse as well.
    I've put a lot of thought into what type of mouse I would buy if I had to buy a new one and I think I would probably go with and I think I would like to give the SteelSeries Sensei a good try. It's a nice mouse that has side buttons and is ambidextrous. It's an in-between grip that I can monkey-grip and it has a lot of good reviews as well.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use some huge cheaply rosewill mousepad that I barley use a quarter of but it was like $10, an for a mouse I use a coolmaster xornet which if you like claw grips an just a basic button layout I would check out.

sent from my ip to the nsa

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

logitch g600 no mouse pad. Mouse pads aren't needed with modern mice. personally I find mouse pads slow me down.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    logitch g600 no mouse pad. Mouse pads aren't needed with modern mice. personally I find mouse pads slow me down.
    I have a glass desk with a laser mouse, so no pad no fun lol.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Shattered831 View Post
    I have a glass desk with a laser mouse, so no pad no fun lol.

lol well that is certainly an exception.

However you can tape a piece of paper with some kind of pattern. grid is best, but pretty much anything that isn't solid texture-less color will work. (using good true clear tape so it isn't tacky from being visible) on the bottom side of the glass. the mouse should be able to see thru the glass and pick up the pattern. some mice wont be able to though as the lazer will get to fubar from going thru the glass. in which case you just put the pattern on top of the glass or as you've done get a mouse pad.