Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So.. Going back to Arcade.. In my P-40. Chasing a Blenheim and a fucking SB-2M starts to chase me. Fine, I can outmaneouvre that I think. No... Well, I can, with speed, but that thing can just loop and turn like a fighter... Finally after a dive managed to use my flaps and loop over. Pumped lead into him for little damage and then got set on fire by that back gunner.

Days like that.. Too many and I fuck off from this game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I like pics.. :)

Got chased, just like in Arcade, by a Ki-43... Five man teams. Two squadded up Buffaloes and two squadded up P-40s. The P-40s start to chase the bots while all five Japanese go for the Buffaloes. Brilliant. I try to help but get a Ki-43 on my ass. Dive away and a ten minute chase ensues. I hit the map border, ask for help. One Buffalo is down but the other comes to help (the P-40s are STILL chasing bots).
    Ki-43 switch target and I turn around...

One P-40 finally decides it is time to try being useful and not useless.. One of my sweetest kills up to now. It pisses me off being chased like that, he could not catch me so...

Gave the M2HB Peashooter a go as well.... A friendly Buffalo shooting ground targets picks up a tail of another Ki-43 (I dread those!). Decide I need to help out with the almighty Peashooter...

26 7.62mm & 20 12.7mm MG rounds expended. Another very sweet kill... I am almost happy again..

;-)

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Ki43's are very deadly in a skilled pilots hands but they are somewhat of a paper tiger one burst from incendiary shells and it is reduced to ash and dust

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah, I am happy every time I manage to get one into the crosshairs..! Poor guys, taken out when occupied but that is how I do it...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Need to show Pnut some more skins fpr the P-40 so he works hard for his! ;-)

Got my best RB so far yet, in kills atleast... Guadalcanal.. Having a nice little joy flight in the sun..

"-Bandits twelve o´clock, low! Tally ho!"

I totally managed to miss that float-Zero.. Rubbish me.. I kept flying though and caught up to a Ki-61 chasing a friend - and he had just downed another P-40.. Pay back!

Took some *friendly* fire from a *friendly* P-400 shooting through me (and there was an A6M2 closing in behind he could have diveed on instead..).. Friendly fire isn´t. But that gave me a reason to "help" him with a B5N2... And I got a better angle so..

See ya..!

Meanwhile.. Two team mates were chasing bots while a F4U was being chased by that A6M - he was being critted.. Just 2-3 km away from them. Pricks. I took up the chase but another Corsair drew him off, damaging him.
    He went back to their fleet and since he was the last guy standing I followed. DO we shoot people on the runway? He was the last guy and far easier on the deck so.. I did...

Damn glad I did not have to take him on in the air - and that is it.. I even managed to survuve the flak for once..

And some bonus pics of a couple of models I did.. 1/48 Tamiya P-51D. Gotta love the pin-ups.. ;-)

2nd one:

Not great but I am still happy about them. :)

Polish P-51 B/C - also Tamiya 1/48 - lovelly kits!

Brush painted Airfix Spitfire 1/72 (yeah the decal is supposed to be like that..!)

Brush painted Airfix P-40 B/C - did not turn out great (see the canpoy!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12