Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default Jingles nailed it..

    Had a quick look at his latest vid. He kinda nailed how I have been feeling lately about WT...



    Cīmon, it is just 30 mins..

    In short, I am a bit fed up by it. Probably just played too much. But I cannot be bothered about trying to win in Arcade right now. It is no fun bombing having half the enemy team chasing you, never getting any help. Or the countless, respawned guys coming for head ons, climbing for head ons, whatever they are flying - not putting any effort into outflying you...
    I think I have seen it all but perhaps a PBY coming for a head on on me...

    Right now I am mostly enjoying climbing, flying high, not giving a shit about objectives but shooting down the odd plane I have managed to sneak up on...

    See you at the end of Summer with reloaded batteries!

  2. #2
    Let me pass, or put skill to final test. AOD Member AOD_Wipe's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    If you get burned in Arcade, you got 2 more modes :>

  3. #3
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Yeah I went over to Rb mainly. And I enjoy it! Lots of pros over AB... But I am leaving for my hometown and Summer-job June-July anyways.
    The weather is getting better here, sun, warmth... A break is not a bad thing. :)
    I have 14000 kills in 6 months - I have played too much.. ;)

  4. #4
    Let me pass, or put skill to final test. AOD Member AOD_Wipe's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    You wont get as much kills in realistic battles, but you'll enjoy the time you spend, I love having conversations with our folks while climbing.
    If you need to take a LOA remember to post it up on the division structure.

  5. #5
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    Yeah I went over to Rb mainly. And I enjoy it! Lots of pros over AB... But I am leaving for my hometown and Summer-job June-July anyways.
    The weather is getting better here, sun, warmth... A break is not a bad thing. :)
    I have 14000 kills in 6 months - I have played too much.. ;)
    You should try SB. Your head is spinning around so much looking for dots that you look like a hamster on crack.


  6. #6
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Oh yeah, the LOA is already done! I think I was set up for 25th August. I am actually back at my computer/in Stockholm earlier than that (beginning of Aug) but have abig test around 20th August so that is good.....

    I will defiently try SB! Actually thrilled about it! Just need a better joystick.. And right now I enjoy RB, when I play, no problem with climbing or whatever! I like the bigger maps, less people, no respawners suddenly appaering behind you, lol... I do not wanna throw out Arcade either, I have fun there and realize what it is - it is just that I am not having that much fun with the game at all right now... And when I do play it I play safe, rarely gets killed, getting a couple of kills, flying high..

    And I actually do not care about kills either ;) - it was just a way to show how much I have played, hehe.. (there is also like 23000 GTs destroyed).

    Long way of saying I have burned myself out a bit for now, but like that famous Austrian.. "-Iīll be back!"

  7. #7
    Let me pass, or put skill to final test. AOD Member AOD_Wipe's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Ah, didn't know you were on LOA, you have to change your status from active to LOA thought.

  8. #8
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    Oh yeah, the LOA is already done! I think I was set up for 25th August. I am actually back at my computer/in Stockholm earlier than that (beginning of Aug) but have abig test around 20th August so that is good.....

    I will defiently try SB! Actually thrilled about it! Just need a better joystick.. And right now I enjoy RB, when I play, no problem with climbing or whatever! I like the bigger maps, less people, no respawners suddenly appaering behind you, lol... I do not wanna throw out Arcade either, I have fun there and realize what it is - it is just that I am not having that much fun with the game at all right now... And when I do play it I play safe, rarely gets killed, getting a couple of kills, flying high..

    And I actually do not care about kills either ;) - it was just a way to show how much I have played, hehe.. (there is also like 23000 GTs destroyed).

    Long way of saying I have burned myself out a bit for now, but like that famous Austrian.. "-Iīll be back!"
    They actually don't climb that much in SB. Most everyone climbs to about 10k feet, and then heads out. If you climb to 20k feet, you won't be able to see anything with the max dot viewing system.


  9. #9
    Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States of Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Take care dave have a nice summer.

    After today's patch it does'nt look like I will playing much either.

    US server ping went from 50ms to almost 200...fps dropped and even get screen jump and fps drop during every engagement.

    I agree a lot with jingles video also. Air Thunder is suffering greatly since the focus is now on tanks every patch.

    Even our ventirllo is bare more and more often with only tanks rooms or RB rooms active.

    I am very dissapointed with plane play as of lately ,as are most hence our "pilots" activity is suffering in AOD as well as people find other stuff to do instead.

    Probably a good time for a break for me as well. My official LOA will start at this end of this week anyway.

    It was fun while it lasted, hopefull it will again be fun one day "soon".

  10. #10
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Thanks DW - I will be there at the end of Summer looking for you. :)

    Sad to hear about the fps drops. Weird..
    Yeah, there has been a bit empty in Vent lately..

  11. #11
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaddyWabbit View Post
    Take care dave have a nice summer.

    After today's patch it does'nt look like I will playing much either.

    US server ping went from 50ms to almost 200...fps dropped and even get screen jump and fps drop during every engagement.

    I agree a lot with jingles video also. Air Thunder is suffering greatly since the focus is now on tanks every patch.

    Even our ventirllo is bare more and more often with only tanks rooms or RB rooms active.

    I am very dissapointed with plane play as of lately ,as are most hence our "pilots" activity is suffering in AOD as well as people find other stuff to do instead.

    Probably a good time for a break for me as well. My official LOA will start at this end of this week anyway.

    It was fun while it lasted, hopefull it will again be fun one day "soon".
    If something is bugged, send it in. Don't assume that just because you know it's bugged means that it's already been submitted. I got on the Alpha Team because I sent in dozens and dozens of bugs. I became a Research Pilot because I never stopped bugging them to fix the flight models.

    I'm up to 5 bugs that I've submitted and gotten fixed that "Everyone" knew was bugged, but it was never fixed because not a single person in the hundreds of thousands that play War Thunder ever actually submitted a bug report. I.E. The swordfish not having bombs. Everyone knew it was wrong, but when I asked them if anyone had ever submitted a bug report, no one said anything. I searched the bug reporting software, and nothing was in about the Swordfish. Only after having submitted the bug report was it actually finished.


    Don't fall victim to the Bystander effect. If the game is not to your liking, fight for it! You may win, you may not. But every single effort you give makes the game just a little bit more your game.


    And efforts haven't stopped on the Plane aspect of the game. Just because you can't see what's going on behind the scenes doesn't mean nothing is going on.


  12. #12
    "Every day is a beautiful day" - Elwood P Dowd AOD Member AOD_BBadenov's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    If something is bugged, send it in. Don't assume that just because you know it's bugged means that it's already been submitted. I got on the Alpha Team because I sent in dozens and dozens of bugs. I became a Research Pilot because I never stopped bugging them to fix the flight models.
    I absolutely agree, as the former owner of a consumer software dev company, I can attest to the fact the they can't fix what they don't know about. However, I am experiencing exactly the same same behavior DW is : my US Server ping is went from 60 to 180, fps dropped from 90+ to 20, multiple screen jumps every engagement. Same in planes and tanks. The game is unplayable for me now.

    I will submit a formal bug report, but I'm somewhat discouraged as this is something obvious and major that should never have made it to the live server with proper testing. I'll keep an eye on the forums every couple of days to see the announcement of a new patch, but won't be flying until they fix it because for now the screen jumps make it essentially unplayable.
    Last edited by AOD_BBadenov; 05-27-2014 at 01:53 PM.

  13. #13
    "Every day is a beautiful day" - Elwood P Dowd AOD Member AOD_BBadenov's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    636

    Default

    When I went to post my bug report I found that a HUGE number of people are experiencing the exact same problem. Should never have made it to the live server.

  14. #14
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...ive-fps-drops/


    Unfortunately we don't have enough Alphas to test full matches, and the problems that come with it. Not to mention that some things bypass us and go right to Production Server.


  15. #15
    "Every day is a beautiful day" - Elwood P Dowd AOD Member AOD_BBadenov's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Please don't take my comments as a criticism of your, and undoubtedly many others, unpaid testing effort and time. If anyone in the clan can empathize with the challenge that Gaijin faces it's me having owned a software development company producing consumer software distributed worldwide for the Atari St and Commodore Amiga from 1988 to 1998. Creating a 100% infallible test plan is not possible given the infinite permutations of user hardware, os, installed software, ISP etc........ Despite the best planned and executed test plan, at some point you have to say we've done the best we can and we're going to release....and there will still be bugs to find and fix. That's the inherent nature of software development.

    That being said, I am very concerned at the increasing instability and unexpected consequences damaging game play of rule and plane/tank model changes that have occurred in recent releases. There are well documented and established industry standard software test plan protocols, but they take discipline and time to plan and execute. It feels like essential elements of the software quality control process has broken down, and they are not using appropriate discipline in their release management process. If they do not address these issues they are in real danger of alienating the user base who do in fact have a wide variety of other entertainment options.

  16. #16
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Is it only on the US server?

    Must say I am quite interested in simulator mode... ANy tips on good joysticks? Right now I have a very cheap Saitek Cyborg or whatever it is called. Not a real fan of it...

  17. #17
    Danneskjold Repossessions.
    AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    Is it only on the US server?

    Must say I am quite interested in simulator mode... ANy tips on good joysticks? Right now I have a very cheap Saitek Cyborg or whatever it is called. Not a real fan of it...
    It all depends on how much you want to spend. Currently I'm prostituting my body out to afford the $200 for the Saitek X-55 joystick.


  18. #18
    Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States of Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    If something is bugged, send it in. Don't assume that just because you know it's bugged means that it's already been submitted.
    Yeah Dannes, I'm very familiar with bug reporting and even getting things fixed. I actually had already reported the issue the second i noticed. Looks like the FPS thing is getting addressed.

    As far as PING goes, looks like the US server is/was down and they where runing everyone on the EU server which gave me a much higher ping than expected as well.

    Funny you say swordfish:

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...eds-some-love/

    I have had a few get fixed in the game as well.

    Like the yak-15 take off in arcade. It no longer goes in circles on take off .


    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...rank-4-planes/

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...people-online/


    Sometimes bugs have already been reported, but they let you know.

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...ng-rear-piece/

    Even when you are a total idiot and report a bug that is not a bug , its an "intended feature". like the constant stuka siren i though was broken .lol

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...arm-sound-bug/

  19. #19
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Anyone bug reported the stupid Match Maker yet?


    ;-)

    Might also have to become a prostitute. Oh wait! I am already employed by my home county, never mind..

    ;-) x2


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top