Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. AOD Member AOD_Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Default 5 Things BF4 needs to add before a stupid riot shield

Ballistic Action Straight Bolt: Like a straight pull bolt, but using the same concept of an assault weapon, the gas from the bullet pushes the bolt back, reducing charge time by half.

Ballistic Knife: Russia still uses them, and it's always been a cool concept, a knife that by the push of a button, ejects with the velocity of a low grade bullet.

Gripped Bipod: Almost every military that uses LMGs has grips attached to the bipod, for dual action purposes.

Bouncing Betties: I dunno about you guys, but I like the idea of laying infantry mines that not only get headshots, but has a different blast trajectory than C4 or claymores.

Bomb Suit: If you're going to put some kind of stupid defensive item in the game that basically copies CoD, why not the bomb suit? Militaries the world over use this more than riot shields, which is more of a police item.

The Token Staff Sergeant
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

You're full of it. Riot Shield needs to come now!

#riotshield4lyfe
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10768&dateline=135607  8793
    Don't fold if you're made to bend.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector TheAmega's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Dice employee #1: (to be read in the most Swedish accent you can muster) Damnit! We're just one gadget short on the new DLC. I just don't know what to put in there.

Dice employee #2: (probably also Swedish) Hey! Why don't you just steal assets from that new cops and robbers battlefield game we're making!

Dice employee #3: You guys are both promoted! You now have 45 weeks paid vacation (because this is Sweden)!

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Also rebreathers, I'm sick of dieing underwater if I don't have to :/

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ninexofx8's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

How about the capability to throw your knife? I can't tell you guys how many times I've been able to get right up to a kill and then he turns around. But say if I got within range to throw a knife? You hit the guy in the head, boom. You just got yourself a kill at the expense of not being able to use a knife until you pick one up again from an ammo box. If you miss or hit the guy in a less lethal area, well you just goofed. He knows you're there, you have no knife, and will most likely die.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ninexofx8 View Post
    How about the capability to throw your knife? I can't tell you guys how many times I've been able to get right up to a kill and then he turns around. But say if I got within range to throw a knife? You hit the guy in the head, boom. You just got yourself a kill at the expense of not being able to use a knife until you pick one up again from an ammo box. If you miss or hit the guy in a less lethal area, well you just goofed. He knows you're there, you have no knife, and will most likely die.
    Yeh, balanced throwing knives alongside the ballistic knife would be awesome. No tomahawks though.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

theyalso would need to add some kind of downside to the bomb suit, Maybe be extra slow, due to the limited movement, or even restrict fov, and the max height you can aim
    As far as throwing knives are concerned, how about you just shoot the mofo and be done with it? I can see a throwing knife being abused, especially if its a one hit kill, You would probably need it to actually just bounce off if the distance is incorrect (like you hit with the handle rather than the blade). Balistic knife would be cool but it has the same issues as the thrown knife, too easily abused. there would need to be some major and rapid damage drop off.
    Balistic straight pull for AR's: say what? Would that increase rate of fire or what? also it would probably have to be a barrel attatchment, bc I don't see where else it would fit.
    Gripped bipod: it would probably have to be slightly worse than a bipod when deployed and worse than a verticle grip(?) when not deployed, assuming it acts like a verticle grip and not another type.

New Idea: give us a fucking shovel to bash peoples heads in with, thatway we can burry them afterwards!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! DragonCenturion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I second the shovel idea!

It is bad luck to be superstitious. AOD Member AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Elite: Dangerous
    Status
    Active

i really just want to know what happened to pistol whipping and butstrocking a trick ?

Steam - Origin - UPlay - YOUTUBE -TWITCH
    *RANDOM SIGNATURE IMAGE TO COME*
    AOD4Life - Have Questions About AOD? Ask me! - Support the Clan!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So many game breaking ideas in one thread...

The horror...

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Gimme a stapler an a duck call and ill show you ladies how to play some battlefield :-P

Sent from my outdated junk to your outdated junk

I took an IQ test and the results were negative lil8up's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    You're full of it. Riot Shield needs to come now!

#riotshield4lyfe
    THISS lol

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Whoever said trench sovel is a genius, yes, I forgot about those too. I'm sick of using C4 to dig foxholes. Bomb suit has a downside already, no gun, next to no mobility, you can just tank most calibre rounds and explosives. I can see its use being incredible in Defuse or Rush. While we're at it, put in MREs and cigarettes, so I have something to do while I camp.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Goodyear420 View Post
    Whoever said trench sovel is a genius, yes, I forgot about those too. I'm sick of using C4 to dig foxholes. Bomb suit has a downside already, no gun, next to no mobility, you can just tank most calibre rounds and explosives. I can see its use being incredible in Defuse or Rush. While we're at it, put in MREs and cigarettes, so I have something to do while I camp.
    wow no gun...youd be useless on anything BUT defuse rush and oblit...unless your talking about the riot shield, bc thats diffrent! you still have a gun with that, you just cant have both at the same time
    Also glad you like my Shovel idea, or as you say sovel

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Siegmier View Post
    wow no gun...youd be useless on anything BUT defuse rush and oblit...unless your talking about the riot shield, bc thats diffrent! you still have a gun with that, you just cant have both at the same time
    Also glad you like my Shovel idea, or as you say sovel
    Oops, Shovel* :P No, with the Juggernaut suit, IRL it's way too bulky to wield anything effectively, I see on Payday they have LMGs or shotties, but the gloves are too thick, the padding on the arms gives you nothing for movement, and the recoil would slip the weapon out of your hand if you could get a grip. The benefit would be equal to that of the riot shield, just taller (riot shield has to be crouched so they don't get shot in the feet). Also, no guns doesn't mean no gadgets, so you get a guy in a BDS mosey on up to a tank and lay C4, or not get fucked up laying slams/C4 from a MAV, etc.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Frostythehitman21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can not wait for the shield, i will shield slam every one TANK AND SPANK Baby !

Knee High to a Worms Ass ArcticOpsApple's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It should be very useful for pushing the the CQC maps like Locker.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I ReapeRx124's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Personally, I hate the idea of the riot shield. I don't think it should be in the game, but I guess we'll see what happens when it drops in the actual game, and not the CTE.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Most people have a hard time grasping military concepts, like bullet drop or situational awareness, and the riot shield is only going to be useful in tactical situations, like Breach, Bang, Clear situations. I see more butthurt being caused by it than fun :/

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Shattered831's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ReapeRx124 View Post
    Personally, I hate the idea of the riot shield. I don't think it should be in the game, but I guess we'll see what happens when it drops in the actual game, and not the CTE.
    Flash um or any explosive behind, finish um while they are disorientated? It will depend on how they set up the mechanics behind it.

Sent from my outdated junk to your outdated junk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast