Hybrid View

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout Getting a new keyboard, suggestions?

I'm getting a new keyboard because I got good grades this year. I want to get some suggestions on what to get. I would like to see what you currently have, and something else you would like to suggest. I have an average budget of $200. The keyboard must be wired. Also, if you want to, how about you find me a good gaming mouse? No macros, wired, good size, Average price of $150.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Get a Logitech G510 keyboard and a Razer Naga mouse. Both are amazing.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Damnation's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've got a logitech G19, it's awesome. I can also recommend mech keyboards with whatever keys you prefer. I don't know which brand is better though.

Mouse I've got a logitech G700s. This one isn't flat out awesome, if it is used wireless it goes to sleep too often and then you can't use your mouse for a couple seconds after you try to. And if you leave it wired it has a super stiff cord, a cord that reminds you why you hate corded mice in the first place. New wired mice have super skinny, nice cords. Even I will probably get one next. I've heard good things about the RAT mice.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can't recommend a keyboard, however I loved the Logitech G500 laser gaming mouse, and I really enjoy my Razer DeathAdder that I currently use, although I have abnormally large hands, and the Deathadder feels a tad too small. neither have to use macro's although I am sure you could program some, both have side buttons, and the Logitech has adjustable DPI. Word of caution: DeathAdder has been known to get "Bricked" when installing the synapse 2.0 software, I had no issues but alot of other people did so Food for thought.

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, I seem to forgot to mention: Links if you can, it's easier for me. If you can't, that's fine, just not as convenient for me.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Wingdude100 View Post
    Oh, I seem to forgot to mention: Links if you can, it's easier for me. If you can't, that's fine, just not as convenient for me.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-mouse-910001259
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/razer-m...0100840100r3u1

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I ReapeRx124's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm using a Logitech G11 right now, and it's been one of my most favorite keyboards ever.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    Get a Logitech G510 keyboard and a Razer Naga mouse. Both are amazing.
    G510 looks like a solid keyboard. Backlighting is a plus, wired is great, looks well made. Overall, I like it and is a good one for my list. Razer Naga has too many macros for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Damnation View Post
    I've got a logitech G19, it's awesome. I can also recommend mech keyboards with whatever keys you prefer. I don't know which brand is better though.
    Holy crap man, that is one fancy keyboard xD. Again, backlit +, wired +, panel screen ++. Great keyboard from the looks, might get it because of the extra functionalities it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Siegmier View Post
    I can't recommend a keyboard, however I loved the Logitech G500 laser gaming mouse, and I really enjoy my Razer DeathAdder that I currently use, although I have abnormally large hands, and the Deathadder feels a tad too small. neither have to use macro's although I am sure you could program some, both have side buttons, and the Logitech has adjustable DPI. Word of caution: DeathAdder has been known to get "Bricked" when installing the synapse 2.0 software, I had no issues but alot of other people did so Food for thought.
    G500 seems like a solid mouse overall. DeathAdder is a simple mouse, very few macros, fashionable, and wired. Great mouse from what I see.