Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Your Game Name meaning

So you've made this name what does it mean, how did you make it?
    example: devilkirby95 - I came up with this name from an episode of "Kirby: Right Back at Ya!", on episode 95 kirby turns evil from being possessed by a devil frog. He turns into a bad ass and at the time I felt a connection so I made the name.

Let me know what your story is for your name.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Blacklungs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Mines part of a quote from Zoolander, "I got the blacklungs pops" would say it all the time when i smoked ciggs and decided to use it randomly on bf2 ages ago

Knee High to a Worms Ass TempusEdaxRerum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So you've made this name what does it mean, how did you make it?
    Tempus Edax Rerum : latin for "Time devours all things" I took a couple latin classes in high school and came across that quote, thought it sounded cool. My other shorter variation is Tempus Fugit "time flies"

Can I have your Tots RavenMadCat's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My nickname, RavenMadCat, doesn't come from the mechwarrior universe, like most would think. It comes from my much younger rave days about 11 or so years ago. My team of stringers T.K. called me madcat because back then I had a bit of a fueled anger issue, with a real short fuse and I always had 1 or 2 knives. Don't worry I never actually used them on people, more of a utility and "oh god I may die" backup system. So my buddy one night said to someone that was trying to start something with me in a club, "That is Madcat, we call him that because that cat has claws and a temper. I'd walk away, unless you just like getting cut up." Not my proudest of moments, but the name stuck. After I chemically sobered up, and got back into mmo games "MadCat" was pretty common. "RaverMadCat" sounded silly and "RavingMadCat" sounded like ravingmadscientist too much. RavenMadCat it is! On a side note, the raven is one of my favorite birds (thx Poe) and, 1 of my favorite mechs is the Timber Wolf a.k.a. Mad Cat. So 11 years later it is still my gamer tag. If you've played with a RavenMadCat in other games in the past decade, chances are, that was me.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? GridNoDC's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

GirdNoDC

A modification of my nickname that my RL friends call me which is Gringo. (so it sounds like it)

Grid for the grids in most game like Civ, GRp, and so on.

No nothing special other than it rhymes with Go.

DC which is my place of birth.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Fire_Eclipse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Not much behind my name, I just happen to love Eclipses and the eclipse part sounded cool. My first name when I joined a clan called DC in Unreal Tournament 2004.(that was way back when) Then I just needed to find the right start and BOOM fire came to the table and there you have it Fire or Fires_eclipse. Depends on the game since some games already have people who have claimed the name Fire_Eclipse.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Onal's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Onal - this one is my middle name, this must be "Robocop" but they already have it so i used my middle name
    IamExpendables - when i watch the movie Expendables
    UCjaguars - UC means "University of Cordilleras" this is where i currently studying computer engineering, "jaguars" this one is the varsity team
    Last edited by Onal; 07-11-2014 at 10:40 AM.

I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Goodyear420 - I get the Goodyear from a nic name I've had since before I was in highschool. I used to weigh 312 pounds at my heaviest, but I've always been really tall, so I wasn't all rolly polly ball shaped, I was more blimp shaped. So a bunch of my friends started calling me Goodyear, like the Goodyear blimp you see at sports events. Even after I lost all the weight, it just stuck more ironically than anything. The 420 should be obvious, I SWED, Smoke Weed Every Day.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Dagonnon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Galavere - (Gala Veer), Its the name of my oldest living cat. I only have 2, not a crazy cat dude... yet. Derives in part from Lady Gwenevere, King Arthurs betrothed.
    Or
    Dagonnon, as I am in any other game. A joke of sorts. Dragon - Anonymous, Drag-anon - Dagonnon. You'd be surprised how many times I get called Dragon-non.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I ReapeRx124's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just thought my gaming name had a nice ring to it, so I used it.

Did you hit him? Did you hit him again? Samiam_Jr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Samiam is the name my father uses, he has used it since UO was released. I being his son added the Jr to the end to show the relationship (And I like the sound of it).

Samiam1 (My father) Is also a member of AOD, but do to several factors he is on an LOA.

I am not sure as to why he chose it though.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_GridNoDC View Post
    GirdNoDC

A modification of my nickname that my RL friends call me which is Gringo. (so it sounds like it)

Grid for the grids in most game like Civ, GRp, and so on.

No nothing special other than it rhymes with Go.

DC which is my place of birth.
    Huh. I always figured you were a grid nazi and you were trying to be clever about it.

I chose my name after my favorite pony from the show MLPFiM a few years back. Before that I was known as Master Butters here. I posted a longer story behind it, and my regret for choosing Rainbow Dash as my name, somewhere on the forums.

ZAPSONTOP

Because zaps is always on top

Knee High to a Worms Ass BlaiddDrwg's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Blaidd Drwg is welsh gaelic for bad wolf.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

About 17 years ago or so I was doing a school report on blackwidow spiders, and while doing that report I began to play my first online multiplayer games. Blackwidow was obviously taken, so I began thinking trying to come up with a unique name I would never have to worry about someone else taking. So Blackwidow became Blankwindow.

and other than some asian fucker on some asian version of facebook. it has been uniquely mine for better part of two decades. If you see a blankwindow in any game, 99% chance it is me.

Please Help....I'm lost... Ludius_De_Ludos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use to go make my forums under Alaskanguy or slayer543161. The Slayer543161 is an old runescape account one of my friends gave to me. That's right, runescape. I played that for a couple years. "543161" is actually part of my buddies old phone number. 543 is the first three numbers in my town. Then I created my Xboxlive Gamer tag Alaskanguy94, then I just decided to put my two favorite games together, and thus AlaskanSlayer94 was born.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well this isn't my original choice, or my original GRP name. I have other names I go by, but unfortunately I am not the only one that liked to read books about Drizzitz. More so, my original name on GRP was strippers as some know. After killing a GM or DEV I was removed from the game. I continued to play all that night, and when logging on the next day I was forced to choose a new name. Well, me being the smart-ass I am I chose stripped since I was stripped of my original title and it is spelled very similarly to the original. I chose strippers because every other name I could think I would like to use was already taken and since I was in the strip club almost nightly I decided to pay homage to them. My buddy has a toon on GRP that's name is pimps. Used to work well together.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set Bluu's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My first tryst with a gaming community was actiontrip dot com forums. I needed a name that protected my identity since the site had NSFW content. They still have a babe of the day but the forums are dead I think. I never imagined that the random name I picked for it would stick with me for such a long time. I used to LAN party with friends with the handle Loser for a short while but preferred Bluu and now use it everywhere. I'm only active on a couple of big forums (mostly based in India) but if you find this name somewhere, its most likely to be me.