Keep honking. I'm reloading TheFish19's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Ventrilo request

I have been noticing that lately in Ventrilo there has been very little tactical chatter, and it has turned to nearly all complaints. I know what you guys go through, I play the game too. But when nearly every time someone speaks it is "That gun is BS" or "He shot me behind a wall!" or whatever, it is not a good, friendly, fun environment. It is not the kind of place people want to be. New members would be immediately turned off, and old members have heard that kind of talk enough.

I really love you guys to death and want to keep this a good, fun environment. If I want to listen to complaints, I'll stay at work rather than relax at night by playing games. I know this is pretty critical, but I know we all have more fun when we aren't focusing on being downers. I am not perfect either, but I'm trying to be better about this. Thanks for enduring my plea, and I hope we can laugh and have more fun as a community.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Aimlesstarget's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can second this. However my only real complaint is the team meshing via vent. I'll be rounding a corner kill one AOD who's in a squad with other AOD then here over vent "coming around corner"
    Now I get some people bind squad chat and vent chat key to the same. And that's cool. So is calling out enemy position it's cool I get it. Just sometimes wish each vent channel had team 1 team 2. Or whatever. Though I understand that could be a difficult thing to do. I'm just venting out an opinion like z fish :)

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_phprof's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Yeah, it definitely is imperfect. I don't bind squad and vent chat together for that very reason. Most of the time I'm in a squad of non-AOD members so if I want to give a specific order to only squad I can do so without cross talk. Also, does the overlay in ventrilo work? I haven't ventured to try it. In BF3 the teamspeak service I used for awhile came with the warning that it could be detected as "illegal" code so I didn't risk it. Is there any problems?

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Repsol044's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

We should also use this as a reminder to have a little bit more discipline on being in the proper channels. There have been a few instances where it becomes incredibly distracting - especially when a new server is being started and the people in the new server are playing around and hitting the vent key more frequently.

I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. AOD Member AOD_Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

Lately, it's been hard, even for me, to be in the "right" vent channel. Whoever changes the servers should immediately change the vent channels to match. Other than that, I don't really have issue with the current situation, but I just have patience for innocuous radio chatter, so I can't really sympathize with the other complaints.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? Redd_slayer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Ventrilo request

I definitely agree fish. We're here to have fun and play games. Not play games and listen to people complain. Plus there's a rule about whining and complaining in the division rules so if anyone is confused, it's right there in text. Let's strive to continue to make this a fun and engaging community that people want to be a part of. That's what we're all about.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I agree that the complaining needs to stop, however I am not sure we really want vent to be completely tactical comms, I was playing some PS2 the other day, and no offense to them but they have got a stick up the butts about keeping vent chat clear. I like just chilling with people and bantering back and forth, but I would rather we did not go down the PS2 route.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Fuzzybunny's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Maybe if you guys killed me from behind walls less it wouldn't be so bad.

Seriously though, I apologize in advance because I know I can be a culprit of this sometimes. I am just a chatty Kathy... what can I do :(

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

This has been an issue for a long time now. Some of us have made suggestions and for a time, some have even followed them... for awhile.

Here is what I think we should do:

1. Try to make sure *you* are in the correct Vent channel, all of the time. If you do it, others will likely as well.
    2. Encourage others to join *you* in that proper channel.
    3. Have fun on Vent, but lets all try not to be motormouths all the time.
    4. Avoid talking too much about things not related to the game. Sure, have fun, but be reasonable.
    5. Use squad chat, a lot.
    6. Be nice. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

So, there is my 6 step program of personal responsibility for Vent, which, if enough do it, will solve the problem :)
    To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Goodyear420 View Post
    Lately, it's been hard, even for me, to be in the "right" vent channel. Whoever changes the servers should immediately change the vent channels to match.
    Okay Mr. Goodyear, or Dad or whatever your name is.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As a LCpl, Cpl or Sgt, you have the right and responsibility to tell members to shut the fuck up when they start whining like children. Please feel free to do so.