I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Marvin's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Black Desert
    Status
    Active

Default Question about pubbing

Hi! I just joined up part time in the BF4 division, and I was looking at the comment feeds for the ingame Platoon in Battle Log.

I noticed a few people asking why they were kicked from the platoon, and the response was that they were 'pubbing'. Are we not allowed to play on any servers other than AOD servers?

I looked through the division rules but didn't see any mention of this. Of course the responses could have been misinformed which is why I'm here asking ;)

Thanks!

Marvin
    :BDO:
    ~Witch 57~
    ~GS 417~

~https://bdoplanner.com/s/qQJ8ek3F~

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Aimlesstarget's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You may pub. But if asked to help start AOD servers and failure to help or make an effort. First and foremost is to keep AOD servers full. That's pretty much it. But why play with pubs when you can jam with other AOD guys any who? :p

I didn't take Steroids...Honest Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Aimlesstarget View Post
    But why play with pubs when you can jam with other AOD guys any who? :p
    AOD server don't necessarily always have the map/mode your in the mood to play.

Also sometimes you have friends outside of AOD you want to catch up with.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    AOD server don't necessarily always have the map/mode your in the mood to play.

Also sometimes you have friends outside of AOD you want to catch up with.
    I didn't say you can't pub? :X lol if you don't like map or game mode selection talk to Sep. Lol. Get your friends to join AOD :D

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Black Desert
    Status
    Active

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I normally play hardcore mode, but I don't mind helping out to fill up the AOD server either.
    ~Witch 57~
    ~GS 417~

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

I didn't say you can't pub? :X lol if you don't like map or game mode selection talk to Sep. Lol. Get your friends to join AOD :D
    Sep is not the CO any longer.

Pubbing is ok when:

A. The game mode you really want to play at that moment in time is not offered on any of our servers
    B. Our servers are not in need of an extra warm body to help get one started.

Please remember to always be in Vent when you are pubbing and it is preferred that you go to the Vent channel currently called, "I'm lame and I'm pubbing" Also, add a comment for the game mode you are enjoying, please.
    To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I didn't say you can't pub? :X lol if you don't like map or game mode selection talk to the current CO Lol. Get your friends to join AOD :D

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Marvin View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I normally play hardcore mode, but I don't mind helping out to fill up the AOD server either.
    one warning is that we have been cracking down on pubbing recently(too many people not participating), however given that you are not with our division you will be given a little more freedom, as long as you are in vent you *Should* be fine.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Siegmier's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

at least that's what it was when i was an NCO (aka like 2-3 weeks ago).

/Rant

And if someone has an issue with it they will generally talk to you about it, or if they are Giggle, change the name of the pubbing channel from Pubbing to I'm lame and pubbing, and as far as what Cup was saying about being in the right vent channel, that is important so we don't think that you are hiding what you are doing, some past members have "hidden" in a more filled channel so they didn't get in trouble. and as others have said the real issue is when you are say playing on a server that is exactly the same as one we currently have running, because we pay for the servers, so we would prefer you use them!

/EndRant
    Last edited by Siegmier; 07-29-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Rant

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Black Desert
    Status
    Active

No worries, I'm always on vent when playing BF4 anyways :) AOD has its rules and I follow them, else I wouldn't be here still :)
    ~Witch 57~
    ~GS 417~

I didn't take Steroids...Honest Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

And I didn't say you did, I was answering your question as to why we might not want to play with AOD at a given time. Because sometimes AOD isn't playing what your in the mood for or because you have Non-AOD friends your in the mood to play with.

As to getting them to join.

Tried, they don't want to . They either don't want to be in clans or are happy with the ones they are in depending on person in question. Occasional we all get together for a pub session which ends up with us killing servers because the teams look un-stacked to the admins of that server because it is 4-8 different clan tags on the side, but all of us working as a squad or platoon depending on # of players makes a huge impact against an unorganized team. Especially on small quick reaction maps.

Which is why we don't do it often. no fun to ruin other peoples fun or have to switch servers ever 2-3 rounds to be on a full server again.

Though I do get them on to AOD servers when we are wanting to play a map/mode that AOD is running. If you see any SAF, SEC8, 5MD, or V2 likely because i turned them or their clan mate that I know on to AOD servers. (Who doesn't love a well admined server after all no?)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    And I didn't say you did, I was answering your question as to why we might not want to play with AOD at a given time. Because sometimes AOD isn't playing what your in the mood for or because you have Non-AOD friends your in the mood to play with.

As to getting them to join.

Tried, they don't want to . They either don't want to be in clans or are happy with the ones they are in depending on person in question. Occasional we all get together for a pub session which ends up with us killing servers because the teams look un-stacked to the admins of that server because it is 4-8 different clan tags on the side, but all of us working as a squad or platoon depending on # of players makes a huge impact against an unorganized team. Especially on small quick reaction maps.

Which is why we don't do it often. no fun to ruin other peoples fun or have to switch servers ever 2-3 rounds to be on a full server again.

Though I do get them on to AOD servers when we are wanting to play a map/mode that AOD is running. If you see any SAF, SEC8, 5MD, or V2 likely because i turned them or their clan mate that I know on to AOD servers. (Who doesn't love a well admined server after all no?)
    Cool beans!

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Black Desert
    Status
    Active

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for!
    ~Witch 57~
    ~GS 417~