Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Frostythehitman21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout My First WC loop

so here is my new water loop for you guys took some pictures with my phone. also did a Delid on my i7 4770k
    my pc in the rig gallery
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showth...l=1#post766843

In the beginning
    20140317_181117 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    20140522_183917 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    back on air @ 4.2

water cooling loop
    20140801_221549 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    20140801_221706 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr

Delid cpu i used the hammer and wood method
    20140801_221758 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    spaghetti any one, kinda looks like the inside of a dash board in a car
    20140801_221816 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr

triple 120 rad bad pic sorry
    20140801_221848 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    double 120 rad
    20140801_221903 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    Gpu block
    20140801_221921 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr
    20140801_221549 by Frostythehitman21, on Flickr

parts list
    Rads
    Triple 120 EK-Coolstream PE 360
    Double 120 EK-Coolstream PE 240
    both are high FPI count rads in push pull configuration

GPU Block EK-FC780 GTX TI Copper Plexi CSQ Clean
    CPU Block XSPC RayStorm Intel/AMD block
    Reservoir XSPC D5 pump/ photon 270 combo
    Tube Primochill Adv LRT
    Fittings XSPC low pro Compression Fittings one T and one Ball valve for drain
    Fans Yate Loon 120 good static pressure fans at a lower speed may try others as time goes on and funds recoup
    Fan Controller NZXT sentry mix 2 cool led, and 6 channels at 30 watts per channel
    Thermal paste on the gpu and cpu i used the EK paste that game with the block working the best for me out off all the paste i have
    on the inside of the cpu for the delid i used Coollabratory Liquid Ultra
    Loop order res>triple rad>cpu>gpu>double rad>back home to res

Coolant first i ran the loop with distilled water, for 2 days with a cleaning agent, that was after flushing every block and rad then i added the good stuff Mayhems Pastel Suneset Yellow

also added more Ram ADATA ddr3 2400 at 32 now not really happy with this ram maby a change in the future
    and added sleved cables Silver Stone two tone black and gold

overclocking hit 4.6 last night but not stable had good temps though
    staying at 4.3 for now because its stable and i am very new to overclocking with intel always had Amd before this pc

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default My First WC loop

Nice setup. I prefer distilled water with a piece of silver. Havent had any luck with any of the coolants and additives. They usually ended up ruining the hoses, cause the water pump gummy up and stick, and coat the water block in a film that reduces their cooling ability.

What temperatures were you getting when on a load. If temperatures are low enough then you should be able to add more voltage so you can overclock further.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Romanion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nice delidding. But MAN, dem cables. :(

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Seems great, and the cable managemnt is good (no need to worry about the the wires behind the tray. Some people will try to make them really neat and the them off, only to be a little annoyed when it is time to add more components.

For your overclock, what voltage are you using? with liquid cooling you can push the CPU to 1.35V (and a little higher if you closely monitor the temperatures as after 1.35V, the temperatures start to increase more rapidly)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I dont have any sold numbers on anything yet, I will make a new post with the hard numbers once i get some free time, so busy with work lately summer is busy time for a mechanic. also i feel like my ram is acting strange it says in bios that 2 sticks are running at 1600 and 2 are 1333. im going to update bios and possible get different ram. but to answer you question i was at 4.2 cant remember volts on air, then i was at 4.3 @1.25 on water, now im back down to 4.0 at 1.18. i forgot to save my settings for stable 4.3 oc then i went to 4.6 and i had to clear cmos. still not used to ocing this i7 yet still doing some research but im going to try and get as high as i can then back down a little for 24/7 clock.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Noshei's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That looks pretty sweet. I really like the yellow liquid in the clear tubing, though I'm not a huge fan of the additive approach (I also prefer distilled + silver).

Whats going on with the T, just have that for easy flushing when needed?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yeah my half ass take on a drain loop. I know i was kinda skeptical about the additive approach, but i think most problems was from contaminants. I flushed this system out good but only time will tell if all else fails i have 3 gallons of distilled water.I also was thinking about trying distilled water with an automotive grade additive, but for now hopefully this works out

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

For liquid cooling, it is best to avoid pure distilled water only. there has to be some kind of additive in order to prevent any bacterial growth which may gunk up the tiny fins in the waterblock. Most cooling fluids will have special chemicals in them in order to prevent bacteria from gunking things up (especially for loops which never see a really high liquid temperature.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

To add onto that, this is largely for environments where there is a greater chance of additional bacteria entering the liquid. While an infection of the liquid cooling system is not common, when it does happen, it can be very annoying as the waterblocks have to be taken apart for cleaning and then cleaning solutions have to be run through the radiators.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Noshei's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That is where the silver comes in, that is your additive when using distilled water. The silver (which you can buy in 99.99% pure silver variants) will act as an antimicrobial, preventing exactly what you are talking about. The major benefit to this over a liquid additive is that you run significantly less chance of anything clogging your loop. Many chemical additives can easily cause buildup throughout the loop and be come just as bad as the bacteria they are meant to prevent.