I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Windows 8.1, cant get to my account.

I shut down my computer before I went to bed at night just like I do every night. I shut it down when I was on my account. I start it this morning, the only account that it says I have is a non-admin account that has nothing on it. I went to the windows website, it said to switch accounts go to the start screen, click on the user profile picture, and pick the account to switch to. When I do that I do not have any options to switch to.
    Have restarted multiple times, can't figure out how to switch user accounts.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I cptdavepilm's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

when your comp is booting, just after the post bios startup screen, keep pressing f8 and then select safemode. (if f8 doesnt work press your comps reset button while in windows and it will boot to the menu).

when your comp loads into safemode you will have access to all accounts even the hidden administrator account.
    delet the account with nothing and then restart, it will load in to admin account, all done :)

I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the help, I came home, turned my computer on, and it put me right back in my regular admin account. If this happens again I now know what to do!