Greetings everyone,

So my desktop has started to act funky and so I did a scan while offline with the avast functionality. It detected several items on my Game / Music drive that contained what it described as a [Troj] one of which it gave me error 42111 which i didn't notice it was doing until the file it couldn't delete was off my screen.

The symptom that made me do this was windows would say there wasn't enough Memory and programs like Java needed to be closed, though when you pull up Task Manager nothing is there that would be even close to useing the memory.

So my problem is this, I use the computer to play Video games from steam or origin, and to do school work or browse Facebook. The odds that I downloaded this thing myself are quite slim. So this leads me to belive that its the Apartment network i'm forced to use if i want any internet at all this year.

So two problems i need help with are:
1) How do you remove these things completely when Avast Boot Time Scan is still unable to do so outside the operating system.
2) How do I prevent future infections coming in from the network besides of course the ultimate solution which is no internet / don't use the pc lol.

PS: All music is legally obtained from Itunes / Amazon.