Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_crucified's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default unexpected shutdown

Hey all hopefully somebody has a clue how to help me with this I have done some research but it seems I can't get a straight answer on my problem. Lately if I leave my pc on for a bit and allow it to go to sleep I will return to it saying it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. I can't say for sure but it seems to experience the shutdown when it attempts to go to sleep. Seems to happen about 50% of the time. It does have a lengthy error report with it but nothing I can understand other than its a blue screen error of some kind. Any suggestions?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue TankEffect's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Can you post your OS please so we can help you better

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also include details about the system, is it a PC you built yourself, and it is a laptop or desktop. Depending on the system, sometimes they may not support all sleep states. Furthermore, some components do not support sleeping for example some of the older sandforce controllers on some SSD's, do not support sleeping.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Disable the sleep function. Stick with just the monitor going to sleep. Go old school with your computer and shut it down manually.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_crucified's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default unexpected shutdown

it's a desktop I built my self 16gb ddr3 ram 7950 amd graphics card core i5 3.2 ghz can't remember what mobo I'm running Windows 7. this is a new problem that started shortly after I did a complete wipe and reinstall had all the same components in it before and worked fine

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue TankEffect's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check and see if all the drivers are up to date(including mobo etc).If they're not update them as this may be the problem with your case(clean install)