Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Scipio's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Eve Online

Noticed they just changed the opening video...since when was there EVE online? I haven't seen a single mention of it on this website yet.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Scipio View Post
    Noticed they just changed the opening video...since when was there EVE online? I haven't seen a single mention of it on this website yet.
    About a year and a half ago we had an EVE Online division. It was shut down due to inactivity I think.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Does this mean there's a chance for a comeback or was it just something already made that looked cool for the video?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

EVE Online was shut down near the beginning of 2013, the division had a hard time running due to several factors the least of which was that the community is all about spying and subterfuge, theft and wars. It was hard to keep active members based on the setup that we had for the game, as we were constantly under war and it wasn't hard for someone to find out who our non combatants were. Do to the model of no multi clanning we were unable to do exchanges with major alliances in order to have large sticks to swat people with, and for us to get into major combat and not just be cats paws.

The odds of this game returning to AOD are not impossible but it would need a LARGE amount of the community being interested and several active Sgt's i feel [as i don't speak for bluntz or stud]. The community just stopped being interested in it due to having to be on so many websites and voice communication devices to make it effective. It just didn't work for us, its not a bad game, but it wasn't for us, I know we were given several chances to get her active and in running order and it just wasn't a game that you can keep a constant 100+ member base and trust them.

Know that was long but I hope that answers your question.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Zblueblur0's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah AOD after my time here doesn't fit into an EVE community alliance.

We'll do great in Star Citizens and Elite Dangerous for those who love space style games.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There are people talking about spying for SC but the game is being designed in ways to minimize that.