Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tetsuo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Death facetracknoir

I need some help with this. Been annoying me since can't seem to get to work and every thing I look up shows my camera works and tutorials from youtube are use less in this sense even though using same camera as me. Sorry this seems a little mean I am upset due to spending over 6 hours trying to play with the settings.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Tetsuo View Post
    I need some help with this. Been annoying me since can't seem to get to work and every thing I look up shows my camera works and tutorials from youtube are use less in this sense even though using same camera as me. Sorry this seems a little mean I am upset due to spending over 6 hours trying to play with the settings.
    I am in the exact same boat. One round I was using it was perfect. The next round the camera kept losing my face. Was driving me crazy.

I am going to build an IR LED set up. A friend is going to send me his plans for his LED build, and I'll forward them along.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tetsuo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    I am in the exact same boat. One round I was using it was perfect. The next round the camera kept losing my face. Was driving me crazy.

I am going to build an IR LED set up. A friend is going to senhis plans for his LED build, and I'll forward them along.
    Alright. I got the camera now working. Now a new task on hand is to get the camera past 15 fps. The hard coding of the input of the camera was none which I had to change. I love when drivers don't install right.

And I been noticing designs like that would like to put one together.

Thanks for reply.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set spanakis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i was looking around about that and i found this guide:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlQRQFFDdU0

This build also looks promising(not tested yet):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJO...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bugsxhhth...ceTrackHAT.pdf

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I built it, tweaked it, and finally got it up and working. Still need to get used to it, though. Apparently when I'm on the tail of a bandit, I shake my head around in excitement. This is normally fine, until your head is in the tracker and you're trying to look down the god damned gunsight.

It's a simple circuit. 3X 1.28 volt, 100 mA IR LED's wired in parellel to a 100 ohm resistor attached to an AA battery holder. I squared off the tips.

Now here's the tough part. You gotta play with the Point Tracker API settings so that the IR light "gain" is down, and that it only picks up the IR LED's. Then you gotta play with your "Curves" like crazy to get to what you want. Your "Curves" define your Input to Output setup. I.E. If I move my head an inch to the right, it equals a foot in game. If I turn my head 10 degrees to the right, it equals 90 degrees in game.

One thing I have noticed is that my build is too big. I may build the structure again and make it 75% of the size.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set spanakis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sweet , what are you using as a receiver ?

To reduce the size i would suggest some smaller cables try using the cables from a LAN cable (CAT 5 or something) and you can power up the LEDs from your usb port , use black and red for +- and tape tape the rest (data cables).
    The usb port will give you 5v, IR LEDs use 1.5v and 50mA so with a 80-100 ohm you will be fine