Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I The_Toe_Of_Bo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
    Age
    53
    Posts
    255

    Default The Toe of Bo Manoeuvre ......

    Recently .... very recently, in fact, I've started playing Realistic.

    Must say that it is an altogether much more enjoyable experience than the fucked up retarted shit that is Arcade.

    More civilized. More teamwork. Way more fun.

    However, it seems that I have unwittingly perfected a new manoeuvre.

    It's called 'ripping your fucking wings off because you are going too fast, and this ain't Arcade moron!'

    I'm very good at it .... did it twice yesterday.

    Can't find the second one, but in order to stop DaveSchilling going on like a little girl about it, I've posted a screenshot of the first one.

    In my defence, I was trying to catch up with Dave. We had agreed to fly in formation but he took off like a fucking rocket, and also my manoeuvre did help him because the destroyer he was going for were so busy laughing at me they didn't see Dave sneak a torpedo into their ass (I'm sure there is an IRL allegory in there somewhere).

    I've also posted a screenshot of me heroically winning a battle.

    I was last man standing on our team and this I-16 had been trying to head on me and drag me over his airfield for over a minute. During the battle he had also been gloating over chat every time he shot one of our guys down. Fucking hate that!

    Anyway, he finally made a mistake allowing me to get a shot .... and that was that.

    Round of applause for the hero. Thank you very much. Try the veal, I'll be here all week.



    Whoops .... there goes my wing. "Wings. I don't need no stinking wings!"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kwSritg.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	14059



    Eat lead you headon I-16 shithead!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm6UKsx.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	14060

  2. #2
    Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Poculus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fl, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    235

    Default

    nice

  3. #3
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Yeah, those recent RB have been much more relaxing and FUN even though we got the odd up-tiering from Hell.. Gotta love Teh Toe of Bo maneouvre though. Usually the first indication is a lot of cussing in Vent and a Toe falling out of formation or seen descend (very) rapidly..
    Not at all like the true boss that managed to put that big torpedo into that (female) destroyerīs ass and probably saving Norway somehow..

    Too bad I missed that Ishak die. I was in the hangar but cannot rememeberwhy. I think it was because I saved you Toe, sacrificing my life doing it, taking down a dozen commie bastards..?

    Donīt think I have pics of that other wing-rip (or the third, fourth, fifth... ...eighty-seventh etc. )

    (I did totally not rip the wingz of my Mk. Vc first time I tried Siege of Malta, oh no! It was not even going after a lowly stinking Ju 87 at ground level, no... No.)

  4. #4
    Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I The_Toe_Of_Bo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
    Age
    53
    Posts
    255

    Default

    I think you'd rage quitted in that battle because your F-15 had been shot down by a Sopwith Camel .... just saying!!

    I did laugh though when Spanakis, who was watching me deal with that I-16 dickhead in spectator view said "I'm getting fucking dizzy" as I had to keep turning and turning to keep that fucktard of my tail. I also noticed on the video that about 30 seconds before I finally got the kill a friendly 1009E zooming in to 'help' and promptly planting his face into the ground. I think he was trying the Toe of Bo manoeuvre!! Only I can pull that off .... along with my wings!

    I'm still laughing at that dickhead I shot in the face with my Beaufort. Might post that video.

    Talk about being a complete tool.

    He was in my gunner's deadzone. So, I bank to the left to give myself a shot at him and he just carries on flying straight.

    There you go mate. A bullet in the face. Courtesy of Toe of Bo.

  5. #5
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Yeah that Bf 110? Beautiful. He kinda bit the bullet..

    Another prick made that same thing, I think it was an F4F with a massive hard on for you, me and some other dude on his tail but he still went for you on the ruway- but went face first in.. Like a true prick.

    Maybe we should try some float Zeroes or something silly today? Russian is too easy.. Undertiered, over-performing ugly aircraft..

  6. #6
    A really Cool Cat AOD Member AOD_rayrayblues's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona
    Age
    67
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_The_Toe_Of_Bo View Post
    Recently .... very recently, in fact, I've started playing Realistic.

    Must say that it is an altogether much more enjoyable experience than the fucked up retarted shit that is Arcade.

    More civilized. More teamwork. Way more fun.

    However, it seems that I have unwittingly perfected a new manoeuvre.

    It's called 'ripping your fucking wings off because you are going too fast, and this ain't Arcade moron!'

    I'm very good at it .... did it twice yesterday.

    Can't find the second one, but in order to stop DaveSchilling going on like a little girl about it, I've posted a screenshot of the first one.

    In my defence, I was trying to catch up with Dave. We had agreed to fly in formation but he took off like a fucking rocket, and also my manoeuvre did help him because the destroyer he was going for were so busy laughing at me they didn't see Dave sneak a torpedo into their ass (I'm sure there is an IRL allegory in there somewhere).

    I've also posted a screenshot of me heroically winning a battle.

    I was last man standing on our team and this I-16 had been trying to head on me and drag me over his airfield for over a minute. During the battle he had also been gloating over chat every time he shot one of our guys down. Fucking hate that!

    Anyway, he finally made a mistake allowing me to get a shot .... and that was that.

    Round of applause for the hero. Thank you very much. Try the veal, I'll be here all week.



    Whoops .... there goes my wing. "Wings. I don't need no stinking wings!"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kwSritg.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	14059



    Eat lead you headon I-16 shithead!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm6UKsx.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	14060
    I agree. I have tried RB before and liked the more laid back approach but flying on a team with you guys is just the bomb.
    I never realized how much better even AB can be while on a team. Thanks Dave Schilling for recruiting me, I plan to be here a long time.
    RayRay

  7. #7
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    No problem mate!

    RB have its own problems.. But it is more space to fart around in, I like that. People still act retarded however. If it is not shooting team mates it is still ganging up on burning Kingfishers when there are friendlies around being chased by fighters.. The soloution seems to be that not sticking your neck out for any random guy, just squad...

  8. #8
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shortbus_06's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Age
    43
    Posts
    55

    Wtf

    Yep. I agree. Have learned that one like 3 times today. Every time you try to help some random out of a 2 or 3 v 1 situation they promptly thank you by getting the hell out of there and leaving you to deal with those guys alone.

  9. #9
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Preditor458's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Yeah, I also made the move to RB about a month ago or so. Good fun, also tried sim battles this week.

    Haven't ripped the wings off any of my props though. Jets is another story though. Ripped my Sea Meteor a few times.

    Not to mention my Sabre A5. Biggest face palm happened in my first RB match with it. I killed a MIG 15, only kill I have in it so far after like 9 matches, and then my team and I went about hunting the last MIG, who was running. I was about 5km away from him, he had plenty of my team mates behind him, much closer than I was. So I figured I would go and earn some extra lions by shooting ground targets.

    At this point I was doing around 950km/h and simply forgot for a second I was in realistic. I did a very hard turn to my left and there went both my wings. In the next few matches, the laws of physics were a bigger danger to me than the enemy. Sadly that has changed, now when my wings come off it's because of a damn MIG. Those things are evil.

  10. #10
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Haha, yeah - it can happen to the best.. ;)

    Ripped the Ki-43īs wings again.. Flew just below 500 km/h (IAS) and boomīnīz-ish, pulled up from the dive and *Boom!". Those skinny planes are fragile..

    How is SB by the way? Still too much killstealing and stupid team mates in RB..
    Yesterday, ripped the wing off a Spitfire and team mates sweep in and kills him on the way down.. Half the blue team diving on one guy leaving the rest outnumbered.. Happens every time. Even with the squadron sadly. I would like to see more *smart* play really. I think we are trying quite good, Shortbus, Toe, Kaygen etc. it is usually the confusion in battle that messes up helping each other...
    Very frustrating when I was a couple of kilometres between Toe and Shortbus yesterday - Shortbus got a couple on fighters on him, alone I think, Toe one Spit (Toe in BB-1). Had to chose who to help first.. Not fun at all. Especially when you see blue fighters shooting armoured cars or gang banging some red, burning bomber..
    Last edited by DaveSchilling; 12-11-2014 at 09:59 AM.

  11. #11
    If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough!
    AOD_BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the netherlands
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_shortbus_06 View Post
    Yep. I agree. Have learned that one like 3 times today. Every time you try to help some random out of a 2 or 3 v 1 situation they promptly thank you by getting the hell out of there and leaving you to deal with those guys alone.
    O
    h man that happends in arcade in every round
    I have been in it so many times I just stopped helping randoms in a 2 or 3 v 1.
    I do help when its 1 v 1 and my team mate is the one being chased,
    then I will try to boom and soom 1 or 2 times.
    But other then that ? hell no I aint gonna help I (can) die more then enough by myself thx you, don`t need your enemy`s too, have fun bye cya Im outta here...


    Its really sad that it has to be like this because this game can be so much more fun when you help eichother out.




    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed,
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still.

  12. #12
    If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough!
    AOD_BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the netherlands
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    Haha, yeah - it can happen to the best.. ;)

    Ripped the Ki-43īs wings again.. Flew just below 500 km/h (IAS) and boomīnīz-ish, pulled up from the dive and *Boom!". Those skinny planes are fragile..

    How is SB by the way? Still too much killstealing and stupid team mates in RB..
    Yesterday, ripped the wing off a Spitfire and team mates sweep in and kills him on the way down.. Half the blue team diving on one guy leaving the rest outnumbered.. Happens every time. Even with the squadron sadly. I would like to see more *smart* play really. I think we are trying quite good, Shortbus, Toe, Kaygen etc. it is usually the confusion in battle that messes up helping each other...
    Very frustrating when I was a couple of kilometres between Toe and Shortbus yesterday - Shortbus got a couple on fighters on him, alone I think, Toe one Spit (Toe in BB-1). Had to chose who to help first.. Not fun at all. Especially when you see blue fighters shooting armoured cars or gang banging some red, burning bomber..
    So no difference with arcade really ?
    sad ....




    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed,
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still.

  13. #13
    Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Exactly, I expected more.. Maybe in higher tiers? :(

    And to be honest there have been MORE deliberate team killings in RB.. Ask Toe..

  14. #14
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Preditor458's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaveSchilling View Post
    How is SB by the way? Still too much killstealing and stupid team mates in RB..
    SB is quite interesting, very difficult, especially without Track IR. Take offs are a nightmare, gotta be so careful when you throttle up and counter the torque pulling your plane to one side.

    But I had good fun and got 1 kill, in like 5 matches. Only tried tier 1 planes, last thing I need is going up against SB veterans.

    Biggest annoyance though is the queue times can be quite long and WT limits the nations you can fly SB with. ATM you can only fly Russia and Japan. At some point they will change the rotation and other nations will be available. Determined to learn SB though, bought a joystick, I'm gonna bloody well use the thing. And once I learn how to use it properly in SB, hopefully I can use it effectively in RB.

    Most of my RB battles have been Tier 4 with the F8F-1, can't say I've experienced too many kill stealers. People have actually been decent about it and will tend to back off an enemy as soon as you set him on fire.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top