One brings shadow, one brings the light... Fang's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Cant load past BIOS

So earlier today my computer decided to black screen and create large fan noises and now sadly I cant even load past the BIOS due to errors it wont tell me. I have tried to windows reinstall but thats all i can think off. The only other thing is that the fan is bust or gpu and i might send it to repairs. ANY advice before so?

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Does it simply freeze after the bios post?

Can you provide more details on the behavior, and if possible try booting without the hard drive connected.

If it is able to boot without it, then see if you can boot from a flash drive. Use http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ linux live USB creator to make a ubuntu live USB.
    It also includes a copy of memtest so you can use it to perform a memory test which will allow you to see if the memory is still good.

One brings shadow, one brings the light... Fang's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am currently unable to even get to the bios.
    1st time my fan went crazy and my screen went blank and i had to perform a reboot then after that i can barely get to the bios setup. At the moment im getting my local shop i trust to checkup. I tried to boot without the hard drive before it though it was fine. In fairness this problem occured 2yrs ago from hard drice failure and dell replaced it
    Last edited by Fang; 01-20-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: phone typos

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Fishwithadeagle's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This seems like it would be something to do with the cpu. Usually if it can't post, that means that the cpu is not seated properly, but considering that you haven't just built it, I would think that it would be possible that there is something going wrong with your cpu to begin with. Try checking other hardware to make sure that everything is functioning properly because I have had video cards prevent things from posting.