I find your lack of faith disturbing Orion_Demon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wtf Headset mic stopped working?

So yesterday the mic worked fine everyone could hear me just fine and now today they say its like I have my mic muted or way far away from me and they cant hear me. I get sound and can hear them when they talk over vent. I tried everything I can think of. Someone please help..

Vent is sent up correctly and everything. I was using normalization could that be the problem?

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

How does the audio sound if you preview the microphone in the recording devices menu? (should look a little like this http://i.imgur.com/gh4Je5t.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xFHfoC5.jpg

does the preview of the microphone sound as loud as other audio that you listen to, (or other people over ventrillo)?

Also are you using a USB microphone, or a separate audio device from the soundcard? If so, then simply changing the port, can cause the audio device list to be reordered, and certain audio settings to be reset.

Also if you are using a creative soundcard (especially if it is older than the x-fi series, then consider resetting the creative device settings, as it will sometimes have issues with the microphone (I ended up eventually moving to a USB mic to avoid those issues)

Don't find fault, find a remedy. -Henry Ford AOD Member AOD_Silencer77's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Floater
    Status
    On Leave

Also check to be sure there isn't pizza occluding the boom. ;)

Sorry to hear about the trouble. These guys are good at helping if it can be fixed.