Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default The night of shit games...

...that had a Happy Ending..?

After some decent and some crap games with the usual suspects plus some guest stars I continued on my own. Some various Realistic Battles. Tried some aircraft I had never flewn but they all had in common beeing US or British. Sadly I just kept getting those not so skilled teams just ground derping and getting killed leaving my severly outnumbered versus one million Russian or German aircraft...

But I decided that there must be an end to all shite in WT (who am I kidding?) - one more game before going to bed.. And screw (too much) tactics, I just wanted to shoot down whatever enemies were present!

Got Alternative History Berlin whilst flying my trusty Typhoon 1b/Late..

..and just a couple of minutes in a couple of ground derping fighters had crashed, two Spitfire Vc died to head ons against La-5FNs, one ripped its wings and so on.. Suddenly I was alone and there was still five enemies left. Ok, the usual games - to Hell with it, lets see if I can take a couple with me!

It felt as if half the Russian Air Force had tried to helicopter after me and Shortbus with Yak 9s for head ons the whole day so lets see who is toughest shall we?

No. 1 - he climbed like a rocket straight up for ahead on but all he got was a faceful of 20 mil....

And then there were four...

La-5FN tries to scream upwards vertically for a head on, stalls and...

..then there were three.

A Yak-9K & 9T gives chase. I race away level - they climb steep and aaalmost catch me. Gotta love the Russians. Already outclimbing the Apollo rokkitz in the 40s... Whatever... I turn back.

..and then there were two.

"-Two of my buddies failed in head ons but maybe I am speshul - head ons iz cool on retarded Yak-9Ts but I am so good!"

No. That looks painful bro...

ANd then there as one..

..but this guy was good and I took some 12.7s in my engine from that last one. Oil tank got fucked up.. And he did not want a head on.. And I only had 22 rounds left.. Crap..

Lets go back to base and see what the flak can do?

I dived down to the base and he followed, overshoot and stalled - but so did I.. Still fired off those 22 rounds, nagged his tail a bit but no crits.. Ouch.

But Nigel was awake behind his 40 mil Bofors gun..!

Too bad Russian planes never burn up..

..but he did not get home anyway.. I was still flying however - black tail, red wingz, pink engine, out of ammo - but my trusty Tiffie took out more Russians than my team put together twice. (As usual it seems. Let me know if you know of any good Allied pilots please!)

And then there were none but the Tiffie!

Go home Russians, you are drunk on glorious vodka.....

Save the whales. Collect the whole set SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Haha, amazing great read and great flying. My hats off to you :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Awesome story Dave. Loved it.

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

LMAO great read Dave well done showing those drunk guys how to fly a plane

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Mokael's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nice!!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shortbus_06's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Had a few tonight. For my US x2 drew Saipan in my F2A3. Got tiered in with 3 F6's a Corsair and two spit IIbs. Take off and start the usual (for me) climb somewhere other than straight at the engagement area. Within the first minute 2 x KI-45 Ko's crash an F1M2 and a KI-61. Now it is 4 v. 8 and I am 10 miles from everyone. Luckily while the opposing team is getting smashed out of the air (KI-43 and another Ki-61) I see in the message window that a G4M1 killed a cargo ship. Only one place for him to be and he must be low since he is bombing cargo ships. I will descend below the clouds and find him, but he is at 6000 meter and the Buf is not the raciest climber. I start lumbering back up and the corsair starts hauling ass toward the bomber. Damn I will end up with no points. After two incredibly bad overshoots by the corsair I reach 5000m and the G4 turns to their airfield and starts to dive. The corsair is screaming toward him should have been no way to catch him, but somehow I did without blowing off my little wings. Then the corsair overshoots again so I take my shots and down goes the bomber. This has taken about 5-6 min with the corsair engaging for 3 or so. I get the kill he gets mad and shoots at me. I think they were the only hits he got all game. Finally starts to connect with a tiny fighter when he couldn't hit a giant bomber? I don't get why I am always paired with the idiots. Guess I really am the shortbus commander.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! SeeknDestroy87's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_shortbus_06 View Post
    Had a few tonight. For my US x2 drew Saipan in my F2A3. Got tiered in with 3 F6's a Corsair and two spit IIbs. Take off and start the usual (for me) climb somewhere other than straight at the engagement area. Within the first minute 2 x KI-45 Ko's crash an F1M2 and a KI-61. Now it is 4 v. 8 and I am 10 miles from everyone. Luckily while the opposing team is getting smashed out of the air (KI-43 and another Ki-61) I see in the message window that a G4M1 killed a cargo ship. Only one place for him to be and he must be low since he is bombing cargo ships. I will descend below the clouds and find him, but he is at 6000 meter and the Buf is not the raciest climber. I start lumbering back up and the corsair starts hauling ass toward the bomber. Damn I will end up with no points. After two incredibly bad overshoots by the corsair I reach 5000m and the G4 turns to their airfield and starts to dive. The corsair is screaming toward him should have been no way to catch him, but somehow I did without blowing off my little wings. Then the corsair overshoots again so I take my shots and down goes the bomber. This has taken about 5-6 min with the corsair engaging for 3 or so. I get the kill he gets mad and shoots at me. I think they were the only hits he got all game. Finally starts to connect with a tiny fighter when he couldn't hit a giant bomber? I don't get why I am always paired with the idiots. Guess I really am the shortbus commander.
    Hahaha omg Shortbus I laughed really hard. Now that your decision to leave arcade for a more mature environment on RB has failed would you mind returning back to our good old squad in AB?? I really miss our squad with you and Dave even if we got the usual retarded head ons and rammings...

Save the whales. Collect the whole set DaveSchilling's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

We drag idiot teams to us like flies to shit.

Wait!

Like flies to sugar?

Come join us in RB seek? Pretty fun! And we could need a good fighter jockey, doing lots of ground derping at the mo...

One of my better carrier landings..

But hey! It was in a Mossie so give me some slack.. And one engine was dead so I am actually pretty proud of that one!

Used my spare time to lob some big shells at that USS Lexington-copy..

That might have woken them up?

Unidentified AOD-member made a Toe-landing (As in The Toe of Bo - but htis is not Toe!)

Some freakish German castle on ze Berlin-map..

Did they place the Reichstag in the country side??

Ist dat paper hanging son of a bitch ranting inside you think? Dropped a bomb for good measure..

The new love, Shermans and shooting Tiggerz in da face.. With APCR....

´murica!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shortbus_06's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hmm. I wonder who that was sitting upside down on the runway with very little quite repairable damage and a sleeping pilot. Damn. Is t that why I spend crew points. That guy shouldn't be sleeping. Grrrrr