Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes SneakySmilez's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wtf i have a question

after building a computer its been running fine with overclocking for half a year now but when i put the bios to default setting, it gives me a blue screen of death, can someone explain why it gives me bsod when the bios is in default setting.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you using 2 different memory models, e.g., DDR3 1866 at 7-8-7-24 2T 1.6V, and another stick at DDR3 1866 at 9-9-9-24 1T 1.5V. Usually in cases like this, it will use the memory settings for one stick, for both sticks, thus one of the sticks may be using unstable settings until you properly specify the settings, or use an XMP profile that happens to be stable for each of the memory sticks.

Other times if you have a CPU that is not fully supported, then the motherboard may not use the proper settings or voltage automatically.

Another cause of a BSOD, is if you had windows installed when the SATA ports were in IDE mode, and by default the motherboard uses AHCI mode, then you will also get a BSOD.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes SneakySmilez's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mokona512 View Post
    Are you using 2 different memory models, e.g., DDR3 1866 at 7-8-7-24 2T 1.6V, and another stick at DDR3 1866 at 9-9-9-24 1T 1.5V. Usually in cases like this, it will use the memory settings for one stick, for both sticks, thus one of the sticks may be using unstable settings until you properly specify the settings, or use an XMP profile that happens to be stable for each of the memory sticks.

Other times if you have a CPU that is not fully supported, then the motherboard may not use the proper settings or voltage automatically.

Another cause of a BSOD, is if you had windows installed when the SATA ports were in IDE mode, and by default the motherboard uses AHCI mode, then you will also get a BSOD.
    omg you were so right thankyou thankyou ;D