Neoco

Default Star Citizen organization

I recently found out that AOD has an organization in Star Citizen. I'm curious about joining; I'm in the AOD outfit in Planetside 2 and I run with them pretty much every time I play. But first, I'd like to know the rules in more detail. How often will we be having operations?(like in Planetside 2 where we would a large number of players under the command of a higher-up player) Will every member of the AOD organization be required to participate? Will members be allowed time to pursue their own personal goals? What exactly will be expected of every member of the organization?

Also, do you pirate? I wouldn't be enthusiastic about being in an organization with pirating as one of their main activities

I also see that I have to write a paragraph under a section called "Your Application". What exactly am I supposed to write there?

Neoco

Just tried to join the AOD organization now. It said I needed to be authenticated to join.

So... how do I join?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

One of us will see this and get you in. We used to have a forum but I'm assuming those resources went to other trial divisions because of the extreme alpha state and 2016 release.

There are a bunch of us that have backed the game for awhile so if nothing else we'll have an unofficial group playing.

Neoco

I'm an idiot X(. I wasn't logged in to Star Citizen when I applied the first time. That's what it meant when it said I needed to be authenticated.

But still, if anyone could fill me in on what the Star Citizen group in AOD will be like, that would be great. Will it be as strict as Planetside 2?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Probably more strict with the nature of the game. PS2 is actually pretty casual, in terms of control.

You can get away with running things a bit loose in terms of controls and policing in PS2. I mean, what's the worse that happens? Vanu destroys one of our sunderers due to an intel leak? Oh noes.

Star Citizen an intel leak could cost us months of work. A leak could result in a guild bank being raided. A leak could result in clan structures and resources being compromised.

As there is no division for Star Citizen at this time, due to the game being over a year from release at best, you'd have to join another division until then. There's a list of rules somewhere that I can't find it right now, so here's a loose summary of the big things.

1) No other organizations in a game AOD has a division or trial division in. (You play PS2? You're playing under AOD tags. You play World of Tanks? You're playing under AOD tags. You play Warframe? Tags!)

2) Always be on Ventrillo (soon TeamSpeak) when playing in an AOD game. Go to the quiet room if you don't feel like talking, but be on the VoIP.

3) Obey the Code of Conduct (( http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3327 ))

I know those are the biggies that may end in a ban, or at the very least a yelling at.