Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default SOE has been sold. Will now be called Daybreak.

I was doing my morning scroll of Facebook before deciding to be come productive today when I came across this article.

http://www.pcgamer.com/sony-online-e...-game-company/

I wonder how this is going to effect its games, particularly Planetside 2. Thoughts?

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder! MatchMaker's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Don't worry about it. When/if stuff happens I'm positive that the planetside leadership will deal with it. Please just carry on as normal.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am not worried about it. I am actually hopeful that the new cashflow will bring more content.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Knee High to a Worms Ass Zero Masters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

One of two things will happen as is the case with these "types" of purchases. Either the buying firm thought that the work history of SOE showed merit and it was in the proper price range to allow them to break into the business and thus they are going to be trying to make a name for themselves while becoming a noteworthy company in the industry. Or they are simply after a quick buck which could be an quick buy and gut, or they intend to transition the team into whatever generates the most profit and they simply picked off SOE due to a skill set to cost ratio.

I am hoping improvements come from it. We should be able to tell within 6 months. I just got back into PS2 hardcore after a long hiatus and I was even in the technical, alpha, and beta test. I would hate to see it go down now that it seems actually decent.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Android520's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

From what I saw earlier: SOE is now Daybreak, which is now owned by Columbus Nova(C.N.). Columbus Nova is an investment company founded in 2000, and are relatively successful. I assume the recent PLANETSIDE HOLDS A NEW WORLD RECORD achievement got their attention. Keeping in mind C.N. is focused on investment, means they aren't dedicated game development. HOWEVER, Daybreak is still staffed by the previous SOE personnel (I think), and with C.N. protecting their awesome investment, Planetside continues on with cool new developments! (yes?)
    -A520

Take them down, ROBIN HOOD!! CARSTEN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I thought Daybreak games was going to be for h1z1?