If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Warlance's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Thinking of buying Flight Joysticks/head tracking for all the space sims

So I've recently been completely obsessed with Elite: Dangerous, and I'm pretty hyped about No Man's Sky as well and I've been thinking about buying a Joystick and throttle for them, I've been looking at the X52 sailtek Pro Flight joysticks and it seems to be what the in cockpit controls in Elite are modeled after, it's also very aesthetically pleasing to me so that's kind of where I'm leaning atm, I'd also like some kind of headtracking device so I can view all the HUD in my ship while making turns in combat until oculus rift has an official release. anyway I was hoping to gather some opinions about both of these things before I fork up 200-400 bucks for them. I also need to get a proper desk soon as I'm running out of room to put my eqipment (headsets, microphones controller charge stands etc) so If you have a suggestion for where I can get a nice desk I won't turn that away either. and lastly I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum for this it was either this or the lounge if this is wrong then any moderators feel free to move it. Thanks!

Keep honking. I'm reloading Wolvenhaven's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've got the x52 pro and I love it, works great for ED, SC, and DCS world. Mine is paired with a trackIR pro I got for ARMA and the two of them work fantastically well together. As for a desk I've got the Volair sim and like it, and I've heard great things about the Obutto.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Alright I appreciate the input I'll probably get the X52 then where do you reckon I can get the best price? Also the TrackIR is what I was looking at so I may get that aswell, as for desks something with arm support of some type would be nice, I'll give both those a look though, Thanks

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! RangerVudoo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a HOTAS Warthog, but that's a little over kill for that, but I got TrackIR for Arma/DCS mostly and it's great it helps alot when you don't have to take your hands off the Joystick to move your head

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Never used a track IR, I also have an x52Pro, but never use it because I almost need head tracking. I also suck really bad with flight sticks.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! RangerVudoo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Adapt1ve View Post
    Never used a track IR, I also have an x52Pro, but never use it because I almost need head tracking. I also suck really bad with flight sticks.
    Honestly, I used to think oh track IR is just a waste of money you don't really need it. You don't, I can still play Arma and DCS fine with out it but once you try it you realize how much easier some thinks are when you don't have to be constantly changing your hand position to look or check something out.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the replies, I've been keeping an eye on ebay and amazon but i think it'll be awhile before i can buy one lol