Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Keep honking. I'm reloading Mokona512's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That is only if you have quad channel memory. additional memory sticks on the same channel, only reduces performance slightly (added latency).

if you do not mind a smaller size, but still 1080p, then an IPS panel can offer good quality (though it is a little more expensive)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009484

Other than that, for a better static contrast ratio, you are looking at possibly taking a risk with a display with only a 1 year warranty
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824005646

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If extra funds are needed, you can also skip one of the case fans since the case comes with 2 already, and the liquid cooler will act as one of the exhaust fans.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mokona512 View Post
    If extra funds are needed, you can also skip one of the case fans since the case comes with 2 already, and the liquid cooler will act as one of the exhaust fans.
    Good Eye!! I didn't notice that. Actually skip both fans. With the two that come with it, the water cooler fan, and the power supply fan (install it upside down), there should be enough flow.

A samsung 850 evo should be cheaper than the pro. The performance difference would not be noticeable.

You could also be fine with a lower wattage power supply. I am using a Seasonic 550watt for 4years now that is running an AMD 8320 at 5GHz, water cooled triple radiator, overclocked and overvolted 7870 GPU and VRAM, and overclocked RAM, with a total of 10 fans and the PSU never gets hot or has ever given me any issues. 550watt would work but if you want to play it safe 650watt will be plenty.

I have the RAT3 mouse from your listing. Probably the best mouse I have ever owned!!! Despite the description, the palm rest can be adjusted. remove the pinky rest and there is a screw holding the palm rest in place. take the screw out move the palm rest to where you want it, then put the screw back in and done.

One more thing. You can go down to 8GB of Ram (Two 4GB sticks, 4Gbx2). I have a laptop and desktop running 8GB and both run everything on max settings without a hiccup. If this is purely a gaming PC then there are no games on the market that will benefit from 16Gb of RAM. Battlefield4 and Planetside2 are some of the only games that can access more than 3.5GB of ram and even those two don't go much higher than that. If in a year or two when DirectX12 comes out and games start to actually need more memory then you can always decide to upgrade later with the two empty slots.

Total savings above about $150

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Vonarus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You can get a Define R5 case for the same price; windowed for $10 more; but I don't recommend windowed cases now days, most of them scratch very very easily. The motherboard is what screams out at me in this build, it is very overpriced and I don't like the reviews on it. Consider the Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H, which you're going to be able to get at least $30 cheaper.

Can I have your Tots BODYCOUNT02's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VTBmHx

Ok so im about to start ordering the parts, made a few changes according to some of you guys suggestions, I would like to know what you all think?

Also, can anyone suggest a good motherboard so i can possible use SLI with nvidia? Im kinda queasy about using AMD....

So hopefully this is one of the last revisions, other than that is there ANYTHING else i need to get that I may have missed? Keep in mind that I have no other parts or anything. Thanks XD

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

For your budget, if you move to nvidia, you will be going over your $1500 budget, as you would be likely going with a GTX 970

The motherboard should work fine for SLI, but the power delivery may limit your overclocking (I would not recommend pushing that CPU beyond 1.35V, though that should still allow you to get around 4.5GHz), if you need better power handling, then the ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 may be a good choice.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wanted to add that you can also upgrade to an R9 290x for a few more dollars.

Can I have your Tots BODYCOUNT02's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

im a damn liar lol http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7fkXGX
    this is it, this is the one

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

looks good, PS, the case comes with 2 140mm fans.

You can probably experiment with moving both to the front, then having the liquid cooler exhaust out the back. (the power supply will act as the second exhaust fan, and the 2 front ones can be run at low speeds in order to get a very quiet operation.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy ModJPB's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Gaming rig from scratch help needed

All looks good. You get my seal of approval.

While installing, see if it is possible to run the h80i as an intake. Using the outside cooler air rather than warm inside case air on the radiator can get you several degrees cooler. If you need more exhaust, remember you can mount two fans on top of the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12