I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees. AOD Member AOD_dOGPHARTS's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Just my little rant.

I know that I am still new here with AOD but I do have a lot of Military experience while serving in the USMC. Just a couple of things I want to get off my Chest.

1) Squads: When you enter the game you are put into a squad and you have the opportunity to change so you can be with your buddies and that is great but when you are in the squad you want stick with that squad. What I mean by this is don't be a lone wolf, follow your squad leaders orders and don't go off on your own. the squad should stick together, where the squad leader goes so should the squad. Squad leaders issue orders! ( I am guilty of this as well ) some times you don't know you're the squad leader until someone tells you. When you learn that you are in the leaders seat act like it. Squad leaders are also known as Fire team leaders in the Marines. A fire team Leader directs the battle by communicating enemy movements within the field of fire by alerting the squad where the enemy is coming from or firing from. He needs to keep his eyes open to the whole area of battle to mark where the hard targets are so that his squad can react. that means don't be caught up in your own body count but yours squads body count as a whole. I will tell you now that if you are in my squad and you don't follow my orders or the orders handed down to us from the commander, you will be asked to leave the squad. I will look at the map and see where all my team members are and if you are not following my directives or somewhere off one your own you will find yourself looking for another squad.

2) IF THERE ISN'T A COMMANDER THAN ONE OF THE HIGHER RANKING AOD MEMBERS SHOULD APPLY ! lead your brothers (sisters too) into battle and ultimately to victory !!! the game gets very interesting when there is two high ranking AOD members on the opposite side of the battlefield pitted against each other and there armies. Which one has the better team, strategies', and guts to do what it takes to win that battle. I love those type of games!

3) Communicate people! talk to each other. TeamSpeak is great and love using it but when you are giving orders to your team use the in-game communication rose so that not everyone can hear your orders. Commanders talk to your squad leaders and squad leaders talk to your teams.

In conclusion, when you communicate and work as a team unit you win the battle! And as a team that works well with each other you can go into Battlefield Tournaments against other Clans and dominate. Be the superior Clan and watch your ranks grow!

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous. AOD_LephtNut's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I agree that some tactical squad play is fun and makes the game more intense. However some guys just want to sit in a teamspeak channel and play more casually.
    A few weeks ago we added Tactical Squad Ops Channels in both our PTFO and DLC Teamspeak Channels. Here is a thread about them.
    If you like that sort of play hop into those channels with a few AOD guys and squad it up.

As far as commander goes, a lot of people don't find it enjoyable. It's more of an iPad game best played on the toilet. Some AOD guys (Evil Stromboli) do play it often though.

In regards to the tournament play you had mentioned, AOD is a non-competitive clan and will remain that way. Events are our way of scratching that competitive itch.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_crucified's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlayerUnknown
    Status
    Active

this isn't the military. there are times when I don't really feel like talking just playing. AOD gives us the freedom to play our way and I wouldn't trade that for anything even if that means losing. There are usually plenty of AOD on both sides and one team has to lose. As for commander it is the most boring thing I have ever done in a BF game. I do not play it.

A Mighty Pirate!

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_crucified View Post
    this isn't the military. there are times when I don't really feel like talking just playing. AOD gives us the freedom to play our way and I wouldn't trade that for anything even if that means losing. There are usually plenty of AOD on both sides and one team has to lose. As for commander it is the most boring thing I have ever done in a BF game. I do not play it.
    Yeah... commander does seem to lose its luster fairly quickly. Good luck saying that with hardline hacker mode. That shit confused the hell out of me. lol

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue krinkelz1620's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I agree, commanding usually doesn't do jack, you can only do so much as commander before it ends in the laps of players in game who ultimately show if they listen or don't (My experience is they don't listen more then follow) I've had this kinda crap happen to me sense BF2 and it's just gotten so much more worse. I don't if not rarely see myself in the commanders chair

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_krinkelz1620 View Post
    I agree, commanding usually doesn't do jack, you can only do so much as commander before it ends in the laps of players in game who ultimately show if they listen or don't (My experience is they don't listen more then follow) I've had this kinda crap happen to me sense BF2 and it's just gotten so much more worse. I don't if not rarely see myself in the commanders chair
    Well, I can't very well let that go as-is. Even if no one on the team follows a single order, which is rare that no one does, you are still an unquestionable combat multiplier by giving squad upgrades, ammo, and UAVs. Those things (UAVs specifically) on certain maps are practically OP (as many suggest) in terms of situational awareness. There isn't a better or more effective way to help out a team that to show them where every person is (or hide yours) in a massive diameter for CQB.

That, and giving orders to teams with a squad leader who is blissfully unaware of their position can make them at least set orders when they realize it.

You don't ever need to fire a cruise missile, but let's not write it off as minimal use/gain. It's huge, even if the little guy in the ground sees no direct benefit.

That said, the mode isn't for everyone. And like others have stated, if you want to go all tac-squad ops then we have TS rooms and events for that. But this is casual gaming. Even when we PTFO, we do it friendly and without the stress of win-at-all-cost competition.

Anyway, commander mode is awesome. It's just not for everyone, or all the time. So if someone really needs a commander just ask and see if someone wants to hop in. If not, game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think there might be a bunch of other guys in this division with Military service as well.

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sepulchrave View Post
    I think there might be a bunch of other guys in this division with Military service as well.
    It's a distinct possibility. ;)

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! jrdunny's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I agree with what he is saying. Great ideas

Knee High to a Worms Ass LachyWan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think what your saying is very well put and one thing that could add to the squad experience would be having dedicated AOD squads, where only AOD members could join (i know that this probably couldn't be possible). It would make the team work a bit better since you don't know who your going to be in a squad with most of the time. It may be a level 10 that doesn't have the whole teamwork thing down and just goes off to do his own thing.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! EvilStromboli's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon6

Did someone say something about playing commander

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue krinkelz1620's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Deity View Post
    Well, I can't very well let that go as-is. Even if no one on the team follows a single order, which is rare that no one does, you are still an unquestionable combat multiplier by giving squad upgrades, ammo, and UAVs. Those things (UAVs specifically) on certain maps are practically OP (as many suggest) in terms of situational awareness. There isn't a better or more effective way to help out a team that to show them where every person is (or hide yours) in a massive diameter for CQB.

That, and giving orders to teams with a squad leader who is blissfully unaware of their position can make them at least set orders when they realize it.

You don't ever need to fire a cruise missile, but let's not write it off as minimal use/gain. It's huge, even if the little guy in the ground sees no direct benefit.

That said, the mode isn't for everyone. And like others have stated, if you want to go all tac-squad ops then we have TS rooms and events for that. But this is casual gaming. Even when we PTFO, we do it friendly and without the stress of win-at-all-cost competition.

Anyway, commander mode is awesome. It's just not for everyone, or all the time. So if someone really needs a commander just ask and see if someone wants to hop in. If not, game on.

I don't need your UAVs! I'm a Marine and I sniff out my prey from the fear that excerpts off of their body's when they know I'm around! >:|

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Well then.