Knee High to a Worms Ass itshockey91's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Is there a way to appeal a ban?

I looked for the Team Speak information, but it looks like it is for AOD members only. So I'm writing out a thread to see if I can appeal my ban. Apparently I must have said something offensive because I was banned for 'racism.' As you can see from my profile picture in my profile, I'm pretty mixed and so is my girlfriend. If I did say something offensive and racial in nature, I apologise. No excuse whatsoever. As a Canadian, we're taught early on to accept all races, all religion, all languages. Whatever frustration I have had with this patch, it's not an excuse to use any slur.

Thanks for reviewing if there is an appeal process. My Battle ID is itshockey91.

A Mighty Pirate!

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

We will look into the reason why you were banned and get back with you. It looks good on you to have made an effort to appeal your ban on our forums, however we can't stress enough that racism of any kind is not tolerated anywhere, especially on our servers. "Zero tolerance" would be a conservative way of describing it.

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by itshockey91 View Post
    I looked for the Team Speak information, but it looks like it is for AOD members only. So I'm writing out a thread to see if I can appeal my ban. Apparently I must have said something offensive because I was banned for 'racism.' As you can see from my profile picture in my profile, I'm pretty mixed and so is my girlfriend. If I did say something offensive and racial in nature, I apologise. No excuse whatsoever. As a Canadian, we're taught early on to accept all races, all religion, all languages. Whatever frustration I have had with this patch, it's not an excuse to use any slur.

Thanks for reviewing if there is an appeal process. My Battle ID is itshockey91.
    Not enough information here. I need at a minimum date and server. If you have your EA GUID, you can PM it to me.

We'll look into it, and make a decision.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Deity View Post
    Not enough information here. I need at a minimum date and server. If you have your EA GUID, you can PM it to me.

We'll look into it, and make a decision.
    I don't have access to my EA_GUID. I don't think I can access that without doing a bunch of gymnastics on my PC -- and from a quick Google search, I can only pull my PB_GUID. If you have ACI access, you could probably sneak out my PB_GUID (and my IPs), but EA_GUIDs looks like I have to find a specific file. The other thing is, I don't recall when or where I was banned. I've been banned for mostly suspicion of cheating -- but I don't recall any bans for racism / homophobia other than this one. I just don't remember the date / time this happened -- I apologise for that. I can only assume that this happened sometime after the patch. Can I join one of your servers and allow you to pull my EA_GUID? If that works, please add me to Battlelog.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

Your appeal has been reviewed and the decision to maintain the ban has been upheld. Your apology is noted and appreciated. Your behavior in the server was generally unacceptable and the racial slur was the final deciding factor.
    To show our appreciation, for having so much power, we keep Heaven stocked with fresh souls. We are Angels of Death

"Neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CupOHemlock View Post
    Your appeal has been reviewed and the decision to maintain the ban has been upheld. Your apology is noted and appreciated. Your behavior in the server was generally unacceptable and the racial slur was the final deciding factor.
    No problem. Sorry for that. I'll accept that I can't always apologise and expect things to be 'fixed'. Appreciate your time looking into it. Cheers.