AOD's Code of Conduct
The Angels of Death Code of Conduct is the face of our clan. Not only is it a guideline for member conduct, it is also a statement about what kind of gamers we are, and who we're looking for.
All members agree to the Code of Conduct upon being accepted into the clan, and are expected to uphold the code at all times. Our code ensures that our members conduct themselves respectfully and preserve the respected image of the clan.
Violation of the Code of Conduct can result in removal from AOD.
1. Strive to conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner
Do not accuse other players/clans of hacking or tell them they suck. Do not talk trash when winning or losing. Do not TK on purpose. If you hate it being done to you, don't do it to others.
2. Offer help to anyone who seeks it, if it is possible
Never be too busy to help another member with an issue they have. Don't condemn others for not knowing what you know. If you know how to fix a problem, do not tell them to go find someone else because you don't want to be bothered.
3. Project a positive image of yourself and the AOD clan to others
Similar to #1. Don't call people hackers. Don't say "you suck". Don't freak out about not being backed up by your squad members or team. People judge an entire group based on the actions of what ONE person does. If you are being obnoxious, those pubs assume all of AOD is obnoxious.
4. Put the needs of the clan first, above personal goals
If we need people for practice, or to help in an event, or help with a special task, stop playing and come help us. If we need help figuring something out for combo moves or a new weapon or unusual uses for game equipment, stop playing and help us. AOD benefits from everyone being a part of what we do here.
5. Support members of AOD
If someone isn't up to par with a kit or weapon you know very well. Help them. Don't just let them continue to get slaughtered. Extend any knowledge of anything you are aware of to your fellow members. That helps all of us when it comes time to back each other up in the solar system.
6. Attempt to resolve personal differences directly with the concerned individual(s)
If someone is annoying you or you don't agree with what someone did or how they are acting, let them know. They can't correct things if they don't know what they are doing wrong. Do not yell at them in a TS room full of other people. Be tactful and respectful. Ask them to join another channel or use the TS private chat function to inform that person of what is going on and how to possibly fix it. If the situation escalates into something that it shouldn't, SIGN OFF TS. Take a breather. Don't let something stupid get 2 members kicked from AOD. Work it out peacefully.
7. Remind other AOD members of expected conduct in a tactful, non- threatening way, and if possible, in private
If this needs to be explained after previous rules, you probably don't belong in AOD.
8. Promote fellowship within the game community
Be respectful to pubs and other clans, offer assistance. If you notice someone that doesn't know how to use a weapon or similar piece of equipment, help them out. Don't just write them off as idiots. Today's PUG is tomorrow's full member. Without them, we limit ourselves. Help them and they will flock to us. Which in turn helps AOD grow. Antagonize other clans and risk getting us attacked by them and disrupting our organization. Don't pick a fight unless its necessary.
9. Do not condemn or humiliate other clan members
As rule #7's explanation says, If you need this rule to be explained, you don't belong in AOD.
10. Win and lose games honorably, show sportsmanship
Don't bitch about people looting lockers instead of helping with the obj. Don't call people hackers. Don't tell the PUG's they suck because they aren't reviving. Simply say GG, tell someone they did a good job, or don't say anything at all.
11. Maintain AOD loyalty
Don't talk smack behind our back. If you are not happy in AOD, let us know. Don't stay here if its not where you belong.
12. No jokes or comments about a members religion, skin color, or sexual preferences.
It is never okay to comment or joke about a members race, religion, or sexual preference. These topics will cause conflict. This goes for TS chat or comments and also forum posts. Please remember that AOD is a large community consisting of all sorts of people.
This applies in All games that AOD supports.
Actions AOD members should NEVER do:
*Note* This is how OUR division will handle these rules. We are not in charge of other divisions and will only worry about our division. If you notice something wrong outside of the Skyforge division inform the Skyforge CO/XO so that they can take the appropriate steps.
- Do NOT go into a mission or alert to make other people rage quit.
- Do NOT troll the players who join our squads in any way, shape or form. Don't do it in one that you join.
- Do NOT feed a flame troll. Just let the kid babble into the void and he'll wear himself out. Replying is the fuel that keeps him going.
- Do NOT be disrespectful in game chat. You can speak up for yourself, just keep it classy. Engage flamers with witty and clever responses.
- Do NOT purposefully allow a squad mate to die if it can be helped.
Infractions of any of these rules may result in rank demotion and/or removal from AOD. Please do your best to heed these rules and then we can all just get back to having fun.
- In game clan:For Skyforge full time members, if you leave the in game clan, you have left AOD altogether. This does not apply to those who have been removed by officers for inactivity. We will remove members for being inactive in the game for more than 30 days. If this happens, do not be alarmed. Just ask to be re-added to the Pantheon. If you become inactive in the game for a long period of time, you are encouraged to find another AOD supported game to join full time.
- Team Speak: When playing Skyforge, members MUST be on TS regardless of whether they are playing with other members or not. Removal from AOD will follow two or three infractions of this rule.
- Multi-Clanning:Members can be in multiple clans but cannot be in a clan that offers a game that AOD supports as a division. Members have a choice to either leave the other clan(s) or leave AOD.
- Clan tags: Members are to wear AOD tags only. Tags from other clans that have been incorporated into a players game name will not be tolerated. These must be removed or changed to the approved AOD format.
- Smurfing: (Described as playing multiple names, usually for the purposes of anonymous trolling) Skyforge members are not allowed to smurf. You may have multiple accounts, but you must let us know about them.
- Behavior: No political, religious, or racial discussions. Be respectful to ALL.
- Whining and Complaining: Do not whine and complain about the game that we are playing. It takes the mood in TS down and is counter-intuitive to what we are all here for. Play the game that we are given, not the one that you want it to be. Work around the limitations that are thrown at you and you will become a better player. Constant whining in the Team Speak channels will not be tolerated.
- Member Activity: All members are expected to take part in the Division. This means being in TS and taking part in squads, events and the forums. This is the bare minimum that a member must do to keep there membership. AOD does not collect membership fee's, it does not tell anyone how their game should be played or how good they should be at it. All that is required is participation. AOD does not want members for the sake of having members. People who merely want to wear the tags for the tags sake will not be here for long.