I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees. AOD Member AOD_dOGPHARTS's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default just an old dogs rants

Thanks Giving is over now and I still have turkey in the fridge, back home for a couple weeks now and something that was said to me during the family get together is still bothering me. It seems that my family at least the ones there that day, think I should get out and join some club or go out to a night club or some silly Sh%t like that so I can meet new people and possible another girlfriend. I told them that I belong to a club called AOD clan. didn't explain what it was nobody asked, and I also told them if I wanted another woman in my life I would rent one for an hour. needless to say my mother didn't like that answer. You see I just got a divorce just over a year ago and now it is just me and my dogs. just the way I like it . I spent a lot of money to start over again and moved to a completely different state. I left all my friends behind but they understood and we still communicate on line. I get along with my co-workers and have a good time interacting with them but when the day is over I go home to my dogs. On the weekends I hang out with my dogs fishing, hiking, and various other activities. My house and life is mine.
    Now I do feel like I have many friends here in AOD, when I am online and playing we all talk and joke around and even talk about current events. I guess what I am asking here is it wrong to have friends on line? The members of AOD is some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to game with. If I need help I can always ask for it and someone will always give it. they teach each other game secrets like where to find dogs tags, and other special items that can make you more competitive even if you are on the other team. that's friendship, even if you have actually never met in person.

Am I wrong to have online friends at this time in my life? after all I am well into my 50's, and who knows maybe someday I will want to go out and meet new people in person but right now I like it the way it is. Let me know. I do welcome your input.

Thanks for listening to my rant, and until we meet again on the killing fields, battle on my brothers and sisters, and if I call you my brother or sister it is because you have my respect.

Dogpharts

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! TacoHustler's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think some people in the world don't like that other people can make friends easily online. Telling them that they should be going out and making friends. Well I say to hell with all of that. If you are having fun, making friends, and are truly happy. You're doing something right. :)

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warcraft
    Status
    Active

A lot of my family has this negative stigma about video games especially the online variants. They think we don't socialize. They think we are alone. None of that is true. I've met people in this clan that are better human beings than I've ever met in person except for a handful and that says a lot. People will always talk down about what they don't understand or have never experienced. All in all it doesn't matter one bit. It is your life and you can do what you want with it. The only thing they have an option of doing is accepting it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nothing wrong with online friends.

It's how I met my wife! For nearly 10 years I ran Malice Army (R.I.P.) and my now wife was one of my members.

Online friends tend to come & go more often, but, there will always be a good handful that you may end up forming a long lasting relationship with.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

That's kind of what sets AOD apart from a lot of other online groups - this is actually a community. So no, it's not odd. It's awesome, frankly. Glad you are enjoying it and connecting so well. That's one of the hallmarks of an extended family.

Sent from space at 27000 miles per second with enough kinetic energy to blow your fricken mind...

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_phprof's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Crap, man. You live my dream. Make of life what you want. Just lost my supervisor to a sudden heart attack this week. Kind of shook me up given I turn 40 in 6 days. Be responsible and kind and don't let family get to you. They want the best for you but unfortunately they think they know what you need. What it sounds like you need is time and space and more BF4.