Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat.. subadaga's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    54

    Default Dual 144hz monitors

    I'm planning on buying another Asus VG248QE monitor, which has a 144hz refresh rate with DVI, the problem is that my video card only has one DVI connection and with HDMI the refresh rate goes down to 60hz.

    would a "double dvi cable" do the trick to connect both monitors and have a 144hz refresh rate in both of them? would a DisplayPort cable do the trick? I have a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB ZT-90501-10P

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    #Superhuman AOD Member AOD_Tymplar's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_subadaga View Post
    I'm planning on buying another Asus VG248QE monitor, which has a 144hz refresh rate with DVI, the problem is that my video card only has one DVI connection and with HDMI the refresh rate goes down to 60hz.

    would a "double dvi cable" do the trick to connect both monitors and have a 144hz refresh rate in both of them? would a DisplayPort cable do the trick? I have a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB ZT-90501-10P

    Thanks in advance
    For that monitor, the HDMI port is only version 1.4, which does not support 1080p @ 144hz.

    Since both the monitors and the GPU have DisplayPort, I would recommend using that for both and not just the additional one.

    I run a similar configuration with a GTX 980 Ti and two 27" Asus monitors, both at 1440p (the PG279Q at 165hz w/ G-Sync and the MG279Q at 144hz) and they each are connected via DisplayPort.

    Hope this helps :)
    i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.60 GHz | Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming LGA2011-v3 | 128 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | nVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition | NZXT H440 ATX Mid-Tower (Matte Black & Red) | Corsair HX1000i Modular PSU
    Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB NVMe SSD | (x3) Samsung EVO 960 1 TB SSD
    Asus ROG Swift 34" PG348Q Ultrawide | (x2) Asus MG279Q 27"

  3. #3
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Currently the only Inputs that the VG248QE can take 1080p @ 144hz are Dual Link DVI and DisplayPort. I highly recommend using DisplayPort as it has the fastest transfer speeds of all of the cables.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37

  4. #4
    Don't shoot, I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_lanius424's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Elite: Dangerous
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,742

    Default Dual 144hz monitors

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Currently the only Inputs that the VG248QE can take 1080p @ 144hz are Dual Link DVI and DisplayPort. I highly recommend using DisplayPort as it has the fastest transfer speeds of all of the cables.
    Fastest? Didn't know that. Wonder why display port seems to be the more popular?
    <signature goes here>

  5. #5
    No Tots for you! AOD Member AOD_Jones*'s Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_lanius424 View Post
    Fastest? Didn't know that. Wonder why display port seems to be the more popular?
    That would be why :P. Thanks for the info guys!!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top