Thread: Changes to Meta

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Changes to Meta

This weekend there will be a tournament that will be imputing a test rule of one hero. After this tournament and seeing how this changes the game and influences the meta Blizzard may make ranked a one hero only rule for ranked. So if that does come about no more cheeses strats with 3 Bastions, 2 Symmetras and so on. Something to consider though is this will affect defense more heavily than offense as the turret meta will be weakened and could possibly fall out of meta completely. This also will affect the offense in the fact that double Winston will no longer be a thing so rushing first points will be much more difficult. So some things to get ready for if the meta changes to one hero comps are just trying to figure out what hero can be impute for other hero's to fill in spots. Something to look into and hope this helps.

Reminders: these are rumorded to be happening within the next patch.
    Possible Nerfs
    Mccree
    Soldier 76

Possible Buffs
    D.VA

It looks like a tropical earthquake blew through here or something man.
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Arbiter View Post
    This weekend there will be a tournament that will be imputing a test rule of one hero. After this tournament and seeing how this changes the game and influences the meta Blizzard may make ranked a one hero only rule for ranked.
    D.VA
    Do you have anything official from Blizzard on this or is this just community speculation? In the past, Blizz has clearly said that they wont be limiting heroes at all within their game for casual or ranked play.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Both there has been much speculation over time and as well as hearing from pro teams working with Blizzard to get a good competitive scene going.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think my info may be outta date already i did not know that Blizz did say this so my info is not valid.