Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Star Wars: A time of Relative Peace

The Galaxy is recovering from a war that has been going on for centuries. In the rebirth of a new Republic, the Jedi order and army of the Republic have been prospering with recruits and powerful weaponry. But things are amiss, the Galactic senate is much more corrupt than it looks, and some senators have gone missing only to be replaced by their opposition parties. On the Barren world of Korriban, Sith researchers and learners have begun reaching out and learning the Dark side of the force, while the Jedi order has gotten bigger and are at an impasse with leadership, dividing the Jedi. And a strange amount of people have sworn to have seen men wearing old Sith uniforms from Revan and Malaks reign, although unknown, many ships have been destroyed near an unexplored area of space. Many things are strange in the Galaxy, and some things are just about to reveal themselves, but what will you do? And will it be for the benefit or against the rest?

(Ill begin on where I am)

Ghent stretched out in the bright sunlight under the Korriban sun, putting on his shirt and robe whilst walking down the the Dig site "So, what are we doing today?" Ghent questioned the three people eating at the table. They all looked up but only the woman replied "We have managed to open one of the tombs on the far side of the valley" She gestured to a smallish but still important tomb entrance. "So what should we expect to find in there?" Ghent said grabbing a cup of water. The woman just shrugged "It may be dangerous, so I think we should only send in those with lightsabers..." Ghent rolled his eyes "You always want to go first" Ghent smirked, knowing full well only 4 people in camp had lightsabers and she was one of them. She laughed "Well you cant blame me, its quite exciting!" She looked very excited as well, her eyes shined... Ghent waved his hand and turned to get prepared "Oh all right, Ill see you in a few hours..." Ghent yawned and entered his tent. It was going to be a long day....

The Token Staff Sergeant
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

Marbo woke up to the stench of rotting garbage on Ord Mantell. He had become accustomed to this smell by now, and had in fact learned to enjoy it. He walked over to the shower only to realize his plumbing had been turned off. "Well, guess I won't be showering today.", he said with a yawn. He went to his closet to find something to wear for the day. All he had were work uniforms, as his job required him to work 7 days out of the week and he couldn't afford real clothes. He grabbed one and put it on. It smelled horrible as he was not able to get his uniforms cleaned. He went over to his kitchen to find something for breakfast when he realized he had no food in his house. He let out a sigh and said, "Maybe I can find something on my way to work."

He checked the time. It was 9:23 and he was running late for work. He grabbed his mop and bucket off of their hangars by the front door and began running to work. While he was running to work he discovered a moldy sandwich buried in some of the trash. He stopped, dug it out, and began eating it. It tasted disgusting, but it was all he had. When he finally got to work his boss began yelling at him, "You're lucky that no one else will touch the toilets on this planet, Marbo! Now get to work!" Marbo rushed off to the nearest bathroom to clean it. When he got there he discovered that someone had made a mess of things. Two out of the three toilets were clogged, the mirrors were covered in something, and it appeared as if someone took a bite out of the soap bars at each of the sinks. "Looks like I've got my work cut out for me today!", Marbo said with great joy. He filled his bucket with water from the sink, threw one of the bitten bars of soap in the bucket and used his mop to stir it around to make the water more soapy. After a few minutes of stirring the soap around, he began cleaning the floor. As he was cleaning the floor, he knocked one of the trash cans over and the contents of this full trash can spilled all over the floor.

As he was picking up the trash, he discovered something that had been thrown away. It was a death stick. Marbo hadn't seen one of these since his partying days as a 9 year old. Rather than report it to his boss, as he was supposed to do, he decided to stash it in his uniform and attempt to relive some of those days. (To be continued)
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10768&dateline=135607  8793
    Don't fold if you're made to bend.

Banned from Forums Really Old Man's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ja'Korr sat quietly in his ship. The soft hum of the engines echoed throughout the cabin as it traveled through hyperspace. His robes and light armor were laid out beside him along with his Lightsaber. Sitting on his knees, Ja'Korr tried to call upon the Force and enter into a meditative state.

"Why do I keep trying to do this," he thought as he clenched his eyes shut.

Annoyed, Ja'Korr opened his eyes and sat up. Too much was on his mind for him to concentrate. He just wanted to get to Ord Mantell and find this target a crime lord on Nar'Shada sent him after.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The bright glare of Korriban's hot sun hit's Yikar's eye, waking him up.
    "Can't ever get any shut eye around here with that damn sun and this damn heat..." He mumbles, sitting against a crumbled pillar. He picks up his mandalorian helmet and his blaster pistol and stands up, wiping the dust from his legs. He glances around his surroundings, and partially regrets his decision of taking this gaurd job for these sith researchers. These people creeped him out, what with their upsessions for these seemingly useless artifacts. He understood the value of them, but some of these researchers seemed to WORSHIP these inanimate objects, and that just struck him odd.
    Making his way to the center of the camp to get some water, he overheard a conversation about a newly opened tomb in one of the far tombs.
    "Hm..... maybe it's time to get off this rock..... and maybe I'll take a souvenir to pay for the trip home," he though to himself. After he got his water, he started to make his way towards the entrance of the tomb nonchalantly, and nearly walked straight into a Zabrak.
    "These damn researcher's never look where they're going," he mumbled.

Banned from Forums Really Old Man's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A bleeping echoed throughout Ja'Korr's ship as he put on his worn Jedi Robes and light breastplate. He buckled in the last strap and walked out of his cabin and into the small social area of his ship.

The ship is a Kuat Drive Yards ZY-5600 leisure craft. It's outer hull used to be a sleek silver durasteel, but over the course of many years and a few dogfights, it has become riddled with scorch marks and scratches. The interior of the craft, on the other hand, has still maintained its original splendor. To correspond with the V- shaped nature of the craft, the middle of the ship is devoted to a storage area, 2 small cabins that Ja'Korr converted into prison cells, and a captains cabin. The front of the craft is the cockpit, which has two chairs and a navigation station. The rear of the craft houses the engines and the Hyper drive, which is a little dated and sometimes doesn't function well with coordinates.

Dressed for success, Ja'Korr stepped put of the captains cabin and entered into the storage area, which was littered with crates and boxes. When he finished weaving his way through the boxes, Ja'Korr opened the door into the cockpit and sat down in the pilots chair.

He looked down at the console which was telling him that he was approaching Ord Mantell. Ja'Korr grasped a small lever and pulled it towards him. The ship lurched out of Hyper space and entered into the space lanes above the junkyard planet.

"Who would ever want to live here," Ja'Korr thought.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

On his way back Ghent walked into some man, though unimportant, the man gave of a chilling feeling that made Ghent Shudder inside. When he got to the Tent he grabbed his Family lightsaber and grabbed some other effects. He was about to leave when he remembered his other lightsaber. He had crafted a new hilt for a saber over the last month in his spare time, he just needed the crystal, and since his last departure he had acquired a yellow crystal from a Trader thinking it was a useless rock. Ghent was about to try and put it in before smiling and using the force to take it apart and insert the crystal, showing that his training had paid off. Ghent tried to ignite the light saber but it didn't work... Ghent sighed and put it in his bag, maybe he could work on it whilst they explored the Tomb.
    Outside the Tomb two hours later, Ghent felt a rush of excitement, he could feel age long echoes of force wielders emanating from inside the tomb. "Are you ready Ghent?" The Woman from earlier asked "As much as Ill ever be Mera" Ghent smiled and turned to the third member of their Party his old friend Derek. "Hey how are you holding up" Derek looked up and smiled "Im fine, really I am..." It hadn't been long ago that they had been sparring and just when Ghent was beating him, Derek had unleashed a sort of lightning from his hand, throwing Ghent back. It was surprising for Ghent but it had made Derek feel really bad... "Well then, lets see whats inside the tomb" Ghent smiled and took the first step into the Dark tomb...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Seeing the researcher's enter the tomb, Jikar quietly sneaks in far behind them, out of their sight.
    "I'll let them deal with the traps and such, and then I'll sneak in for the lott and get outta here," He thinks.
    He unholsters his blaster pistol, and takes his first steps into the tomb.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ghent walked slowly, pacing himself, being ever wary to what may be in the tomb... He heard small noises but so far nothing... His companions stuck close and watched as he did. What was strange was the lack of destruction, though the entrance to the tomb was very small so it seemed it may not have been entered or used much. This also increased the chance of active Traps. They came to a small corridor and a door was in front of them. Some old runes were inscribed above a small hole, none of which Ghent could read. "Mera, come see if you can understand this" Mera walked up and studied it "Its old sithari... 'Those who enter must sacrifice their weapon and rely on the Force...'" She frowned. Ghent knew exactly what it meant, for him to go through, he would have to leave his lightsaber... "Ok, I think we must enter without our lightsabers... but I want to go in first to see whats on the other side, we dont want everyone dying without telling the others" Ghent said, pulling out his old lightsaber. Mera suddenly hugged Ghent "Be careful". Ghent nodded and walked up to the door. He placed his lightsaber in the slot but nothing happened... then they heard a creak and the door slowly slid open, a strange glow emanating like a field, obviously making sure lightsabers or guns did not enter... "See you when its over" Ghent closed his eyes and walked through the field.
    Outside of the Sith Camp, small shuttles with republic troopers have landed, unnoticed. Though reassured of their peaceful intents, the republic still has fresh memories of Sith warlords and Force users... No jedi are with them, but they have been told to eradicate the sith, quietly and with no survivors.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok listen guys, You continue our rp, you can make development happen, and it doesnt matter whats happening on theothr side of the galaxy, just rp about things that deal with you.