View Poll Results: Should we take the in game clan from Mountain to Moon status?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 82.61%
  • No

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Should we move the Warframe Clan from Mountain to Moon status?

Please feel free to discuss it in the posts below. All constructive input is welcome and will be taken into consideration.
    Last edited by sepulchrave; 10-31-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active

It increases the cost of any future research for the benefit of more space. Which we don't need.

IF we ever end up in a position where we are really hurt by our lack of size? Not enough room for AOD members? Then yes. Otherwise? It will be a waste of resources which will cost us even more resources in the future.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also keep in mind that for the weekly/event ratings its done by clan status. Moon clans vs moon clans, mountains vs mountains etc.

The Token Staff Sergeant
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

I'd say yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now all research is completed in the Dojo, yes? If so, then definitely. It will allow us to grow our numbers. If we get more people in the in-game clan, then that's more people we can recruit into the full clan. If we have more people, then when we go to research new stuff in the future (Assuming they release new stuff, which I'm sure they will) we'll have more people who may be willing to donate to that research.

Not to mention, Moon Clan sounds much cooler than Mountain Clan.
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10768&dateline=135607  8793
    Don't fold if you're made to bend.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Could someone Pro/Con this?

Pros: More room for members (how much more room, what is our current limit? is this needed yet?)

Cons: Research costs more (how much more? etc.)

Banned from Forums DarKPaRaDoXiC's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

@krisvek The Ingame-Clan is currently completely full, so we dont have got any space in there.

On the Side the Costs for anything in the Dojo ( including Rooms,Researches in the labs, ... ) would go with a Moon Clan up to Infinity and beyond. And even now we had big issues For finishing the Oxium for Zephyr in the Tenno Lab with a Mountain Clan.
    Overall I would more PREFER it if we would have ONE CLAN INGAME for the "real" AOD-Members,since they support 99% of the stuff in the Dojo and put in the resources. So just kick the "randoms" out of the clan since they are no AOD Members just take the BPs and so on but never put in resources. And if the pubs are kicked then would have more than enough space in the clan for more AOD members and maybe can even take down the mountain barack and we would then only be a moon one,which would reduce all costs a lot.

On the Other side could the pubs be recruits of AOD in the Future and that way we would get in more people onto WarFrame Division.

So as an conclusion I would set an Ultimatum for them joining the "real" Clan or they get kicked and then we would get free slots, more active players,a bigger playerbase and maybe get rid off the "Trial Division" Status earlier

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Remember guys the division is still in trial, so kicking out non AOD members is not going to do anything. We can not simply force people into joining AOD by telling them they will get kicked. The best way I have seen people recruit is that full AOD members engage with the pubs and get to know them. With that being said sending the clan to moon status I do advocate for it IF we are ready to face the sky rocketing of prices. Even so are we ready for invasions and to fight other clans? Maybe not. But by doing so I would feel like we would grow into a bigger community. In the end guys it's tricky on what to do but this division has my full support on the decision.

Knee High to a Worms Ass BAITness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think we should grow bigger. I like having one large group. It may make research take longer initially (which could be a problem with archwing around the corner) but the problem should disappear if we continue expanding. Members have seemed good with donations. I like pie.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SamDemon View Post
    Remember guys the division is still in trial, so kicking out non AOD members is not going to do anything. We can not simply force people into joining AOD by telling them they will get kicked. The best way I have seen people recruit is that full AOD members engage with the pubs and get to know them.
    This game is not PS2. This game is not a game that encourages large numbers of people to work with one another. This game does not encourage you to deal with more than 3 people at any given time. It even has built in Gear Score bullshit through the Conclave system.

This is a game that only supports very VERY small groups of people.

Unlike our other divisions, I fully believe the open door policy will give us nothing. All it will do is result in a DRAMATIC increase in costs, for a group of people we do not engage with, and does NOTHING to expand what we are capable of doing in this game.

Am I saying we should ban trial membership? No. That'd be dumb. But there's probably at this time, being generous, 50 people from AOD proper in this clan. Let's be generous, 100.

Mountain clan status gives us 300 members. Are you saying we need more than twice our actual numbers in trial members? That we have so many just bashing on the doors that we can't say 'Hey, you've been with us for a month. Do you plan to actually join the clan? Or just live off the fruit of our labours?'

A major patch is coming which will add Arcwings. You better believe that means we are on the cusp of a whole bunch of new research, and likely at least one new room to do it in. We are already having problems with research now. And I firmly believe it will hurt this clan more to deny us access to that new research and content than to tell a few people who've been pissing around, refusing to join out, to man up or get the fuck out.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Lemonjuice's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My opinion is, we should upgrade.
    I maybe a newbie to Warframe again but what i have noticed is that we are increasing in numbers, full AOD members or not we are still growing. Maybe in time the pubs WILL join AOD as a full member but i wouldn't want to rush them, this week we have had 3 new recruits i believe who were also just pubs in the clan, at this rate the pubs will be no more and they will eventually become members, all i am saying is i would like to upgrade but first analyse what direction the recruiting is going and how often we will recruit. If we are getting 3 a week then all that can do is increase!

I just hope you guys come up with a conclusion and an idea on what to do! I look forward to the future!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! GwenWolf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

After reading all of this, I think we should go for moon clan.

1) the major key point is : the ingame clan is full (according to Darkparadoxic). I don't see why we should refuse to anyone the fun of being part of our gaming community.

2) It is, for me, out of the question to force anybody to turn full official member. If it had been the case, I would not be here. This is north america, land of freedom AND this is only a video game. Next step would be what ? everybody has to pay 40 oxium and and 60 mutagen mass per month ??? Power to free contribution. + May I remind that there is no statistic proving that full members are giving more contribution than ingame only members. Yes it would be natural somehow, but it doesn't have to be.

3) Rainbow Dash is awsome, so I support Rainbow Dash and vote for moon clan. ^_^

4) Everything evolves in life. What is not evolving is disappearing. If we get static, how long before the division decline ? If this is the golden age of Warframe, let's rock'n'roll.

5) What is fun about a game community is that we are not playing only for ourself but also a lot to help other players. Lets not start to think about our personnal interests only to keep prices low in dojo purchases. It is so little if you think about the possibility of meeting more people in game. Look all the fun we have on Vent ! We often connect to a channel just to hear and laugh what's going on in another squad game !

6) Warframe is based on cooperation. Yes you play with 4 players at the time (exception in Dojo and conclave) but we are all the time more than four to see what's going on, who's doing what, who needs help. getting bigger goes in that direction.

7) if we got really bigger, we will have more rooms/channel in Ventrilo, which mean I won't have to search for our division each time I log in !

8) the dojo dual competition (Grand mastery series) is quite empty. More players means more people that can play on same schedule. Multiply the fun possibilities.

I have myself a like for small comunities because I find it's easier to meet many people than in very large on. But it is up to us to stay warm and welcoming to every new member. So my only concern is that we keep that good vibe, and I think that, given the actual structure, we can manage to do so.

Knee High to a Worms Ass BAITness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I wanted to note that I think the non-full members have been contributing and donating as well. At the very least I have seen them supplying other members with BPs and mods without expecting anything in return. It is not like they are taking advantage of anyone, they are just not participating in the forums and vent.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! GwenWolf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BAITness View Post
    I wanted to note that I think the non-full members have been contributing and donating as well. At the very least I have seen them supplying other members with BPs and mods without expecting anything in return. It is not like they are taking advantage of anyone, they are just not participating in the forums and vent.
    I fully agree.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've been reading the thoughts of people against becoming a moon clan and i do agree with most if not all their points. But, in the end, i have to say let's go for the moon status.
    Yes, becoming a moon clan will drastically increase resource requirements and further dilute the pool of people we play with, giving a less sense of intimacy that comes with larger organizations. But, if we help others find a community here by expanding, then it is all worth it. This is a sacrifice i'm willing to make; which includes more grinding of resources, longer waiting time of future upgrades and not playing with certain members to play with new members.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If we did move this clan to Moon, research and building would not be a priority and perhaps stop altogether depending on the situation. Instead, smaller clans of varying sizes would be set up and run by us. Research would be done in them and members of the main clan would leave it and join the smaller one when they wanted to buy a BP. Coordination for this would take place on the forums.

An added benefit to this would be that these clans would enter into an alliance with us. Maintain a membership and would work in tandem with us.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Foxka's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If we are full, then yes. We don't have any more *important* research going on, so there's nothing to fear from the added costs, except for the solar rails, which we need more people for anyways.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I TheHelios1's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If we're done researching what we need researched, then I don't see a reason not to go to Moon Clan as there's no more benefit staying in Mountain while having met our member cap in-game.

And per Sep, we can play clan merry-go-round when we need to buy BPs from smaller, allianced clans.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why not just chill on the Mountain/Moon debate until after U15 hits, see what it adds to research, if there are any changes made, etc. Once things settle a bit from there, we could move on to Moon after doing the new research.
    I see some people saying there have been problems getting research done, and I'm too far out of that loop to really know, but it seemed to me that once things were announced and targeted for research, they got done in a few days, more or less. That's not all that bad I think.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Dagonnon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I say Yes.

Pros
    When we start deploying rails will help immensely. Due to increase clan size.
    Give us another source for possible recruits into AOD as a whole.
    More Clan Hall Space

Cons
    Increase Research Costs.

Thats all I can think of.
    Like others have stated U15 might yield more stuff, best to be prepared for it.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Adv3rsity's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

I am only part time in the Warframe division but I think we should move forward with the Moon clan if and only if the member limit of mountain clan has been reached.

Why?

1) AOD thrives on recruits as outlined in our rules and regs. If we aren't recruiting, we are shrinking so to paraphrase.

2) I understand research costs will go up, but so will membership to compensate for it. Wanting to stay back at Mountain for fear of increased research costs, denies us the prosperity that the increased member limit of moon would afford us. As clans progress further and the game matures, only the larger more resourced clans will dominate rails as they have the manpower and resources to just push the other smaller clans aside.

Again, I am just part time and these are just my thoughts. I hope they are helpful in some way. Either decision I will support as an AOD member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast