Knight Artorias came to stop this, But such a Hero has nary a Murmur of Dark... AOD Member AOD_Chaoticavenger's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

Default Preferred Blade Styles! or Weapon of choice! or Martial art style.

Chaotic here!
    After a recent conversation with one of my esteemed colleagues about swordplay, I received an idea in my magnificent brain.
    I figured it might be a good idea to start a discussion involving the community's preferred style of melee combat or swordplay if you are anything like me. Feel free to bring up your method of your opponents' imminent demise in any way you see fit.

Despite my extensive experience with the Rapier and Dagger, which I've taken a few years in classes and junk, it isn't the style I am most interested with. My personal favorite art of combat is the martial art Iaido.(Not to be confused with Kendo, seeing as how they are two completely different things.) Iaido is more focused with the Drawing and sheathing of the blade (Usually a ken, or katana). But that is only a small percent of what Iaido is about. It is grounded in respect, and has a lot to do with traditional bowing techniques as well as standing and kneeling positions and drawing the blade in said positions. Posture, Movement, grip and swing are important fundamentals in any swordplay but even more so in Iaido seeing as how that's pretty much the whole art. While kendo is more about sportsmanship, Iaido is swordsmanship as well as Japanese etiquette. In an actual combat situation Iaido doesn't seem very effective from a certain standpoint. But when your me, and respect and honor are at the heart of who you are , i find it to be my personal favorite style of swordsmanship. I guess that's the reason I am currently practicing it daily. Iaido rant done. Looking forward to seeing other opinions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vergil.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	15584

Breton Knight AOD Member AOD_Sparks's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

That's pretty dank bro.

Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

I like to hit people....really...really...hard.

I am the bone of my sword, Steel is my body and fire is my blood. AOD Member AOD_Fang's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active

instructions too hard. got testis stuck in microwave
    "Now, let everything vanish into the sweet fog of illusion." - Ameno-Sagiri

I do make signatures as practice material at this time, leave me a PM.